Employment and litigation are the focus of Adrienne Markham's practice, including litigation and investigation of discrimination, retaliation and whistleblower claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, business torts, non-competition disputes and breach of contract claims; development of training programs, compliance procedures and policy manuals and counseling on employment laws. Adrienne brings more than 25 years of experience to the firm's clients.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Adrienne served as staff attorney to the Supreme Judicial Court for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (1981-1982) and as law clerk to the Justices of the Superior Court of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts (1980-1981).
- Defending a national tax preparation company in various state and federal court cases alleging discrimination, unfair business practices, and beach of contract. Also has represented this client in several actions to enforce its non-competition agreements.
- Representing major law firms in defense of gender, race and retaliation discrimination claims in administrative agencies and state court.
- Representing US subsidiary of publicly traded foreign company in prosecution of claims against former executives alleging violation of non-competition agreements and breach of contract, and in defense of claims of discrimination and retaliation.
- Conducting internal compliance audit for large Boston bank on adequacy of employee complaint investigation and resolution policies and practices.
- Advising several bio-science and bio-tech firms in their employment policies and practices, including development of executive compensation and termination packages, agreements protective of intellectual property, and non-competition agreements.
- Representing partnerships, LLCs, and their members in various disputes, including disputes relating to equitable interests, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract and other business torts.
- Regularly advising numerous organizations on their employment practices and policies, providing advice on executive compensation, employee discipline and termination, and investigation and resolution of employee misconduct.
- Representing homeowners’ association in enforcement of deeded restrictive covenants.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Directors, Hittite Microwave Corporation (HITT)
- Former Member of Board of Trustees, Central New England Chapter of the Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Former Member of Board of Directors, Lead Boston Community
- Former Member of Board of Directors, The City School
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Top Women Lawyers in the Northeast, Labor & Employment, Martindale Hubbell, 2011