Commercial real estate transactions including acquisitions and dispositions of real estate assets, financing and refinancing, development, leasing and restructuring are the focus of Andrew Boulay's practice. As a real estate associate in the firm’s Boston office, Andrew negotiates and drafts finance, acquisition, development and lease transaction documents; reviews and analyzes necessary due diligence, including title and survey review; forms entities and drafts operating agreements; and advises clients generally in the coordination of deal transaction teams.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Andrew was an Associate at an Am Law 20 firm in that firm's New York office.
Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Represented financial institutions, real estate funds and other investors in connection with the acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential real estate assets, including equity, leasehold and fee interests, and debt interests.
- Served as lead associate representing a syndicate of institutional investors purchasing $580 million junior mezzanine interests indirectly secured by a portfolio of over 300 hotel properties.
Real Estate Financing
- Represented domestic and international financial institutions, private equity funds and other lenders in financing the acquisition, construction, development and operation of hotel, retail and commercial properties.
- Served as lead associate representing Mexican bank in connection with $7.5 million and $15 million mortgage loans secured by properties in New York.
- Represented private equity and real estate fund borrowers in complex multi state loan origination, extension, modification and refinancing transactions secured by hotel, retail and commercial properties.
- Represented financial institutions and real estate funds in creating revolving mortgage asset repurchase facilities and oversee and coordinate the diligence review, purchase and repurchase of mortgage assets.
- Served as lead associate representing a major domestic bank, as buyer, in the creation of $350 million mortgage asset facility for a major commercial real estate finance company, as seller.
- Represented retail and office tenants in connection with drafting and negotiating commercial leases, amendments, subleases, subordination and non-disturbance agreements, landlord consents, license agreements and renewals.
Tribal Gaming and Casino Development
- Represented an international casino financier, developer and operator in connection with a proposed tribal gaming casino in Massachusetts as lead associate.
- Researched and analyzed provisions of the federal Indian Gaming Regulatory Act and the Massachusetts Expanded Gaming Act.
Professional and Community Involvement