Suffolk University Law School, J.D., 2007
University of Vermont, B.A., 2001
Complex real estate development projects and leasing, including real estate, financing, zoning, environmental, and other land use law are the focus of Ani Ajemian's practice. Ani is an Associate in our Leasing group and has experience representing developers, supermarket chains, franchisees, public and private educational institutions, financial institutions, municipalities, public agencies, and retailers, on behalf of both landlords and tenants. She is experienced in all matters of leasing, acquisition, sale, financing and assessment of environmental issues affecting real property. Ani is also a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Accredited Professional, and has experience assisting clients on leasing and financing matters related to solar development projects.
Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Ani practiced law at other law firms in Boston. During law school she worked with the appellate division of the Department of Justice at the US Attorney's Office and also with the Political Asylum Immigration Representation Project.
- Negotiate retail leases for franchisees and other entities developing chains in and throughout New England, California, and Illinois, including shopping centers, strip malls, and stand-alone buildings with institutional and other landlords.
- Negotiate leases on behalf of landlord and tenant entities for office use in and surrounding Boston.
- Represent commercial lenders and borrowers on debt and equity financings including real estate projects and secured and unsecured loans for private and publicly held companies, and sophisticated commercial loans for investors and developers of real estate, including acquisition and sale, permitting, financing, and construction
- Coordinate, negotiate, and draft instruments for clients on all matters relating to the acquisition, sale, leasing, permitting, zoning, and financing of commercial property for large scale, multi-use development projects, such as supermarket chains, franchised hotels, retail food-related businesses, educational institutions including campus development, and industrial projects.
- Represent clients in public hearings and before town boards and administrators and in front of the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection on matters affecting development of real property.
- Advise clients on environmental conditions and remediation matters affecting real property throughout New England, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, and Delaware, including coordination and negotiation with state and federal regulatory agencies in bringing properties to compliance with focus on state and federal environmental regulation.
- Represent clients on solar projects including the leasing of roof-top space, solar fields, related financing, net metering, and overall project implementation.
- Represent clients seeking asylum from the federal government on a pro bono basis.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Past Co-Chair, Current Advisor, American Bar Association International Law Section International Human Rights Committee
- Governmental Affairs Committee, International Council of Shopping Centers
- Member, Boston Bar Association New Lawyers, Real Estate Section, and Committee on Human Trafficking
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2012-2015
- Armenian Bar Association "20 Rising Stars Under 40," 2011
- Speaker, Combating Labor Trafficking Conference, International Stability Operations Association, May 2012
- Speaker, How to Conduct a Commercial Real Estate Closing, Advanced Legal Services, Suffolk University Law School, December 2010
- Speaker, Green Building: LEED Accreditation: Buildings and Professionals, Boston Bar Association, November 2010
- Speaker, Going Green: A Guide For Solar Success, AICUM Fall Symposium, October 2010
- Speaker, Demystifying Solar: Understanding the Practical Components to a Successful Solar Project, ICSC Retail Green Conference, October 2010
Publications & Mentions
|Landlords, Tenants Harvest Benefits of Solar Leasing Deals, Banker & Tradesman|
|Mastering Massachusetts' Solar Market, REBA News|
|A 'How-To' Guide for Navigating the Solar Landscape, Banker and Tradesman|