Extensive courtroom and negotiation experience provide Barbara L. Moore with the skill needed to advise clients in a broad range of intellectual property litigation matters. As Counsel in the firm’s litigation group, Barbara represents companies and individuals with patent, trademark, trade dress and trade secret litigation. She has tried numerous intellectual property cases to verdict, including patent and trademark infringement claims, and has argued patent appeals in the Federal Circuit. Her expertise also extends to real estate litigation and securities litigation, including fraud and breach of fiduciary claims in class actions and derivative claims.
Barbara has tried cases before juries and judges in state and federal courts around the country, and has presented appellate arguments before the U.S. Courts of Appeal for the Federal, First, Second and Ninth Circuits and the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial and Appeals Courts, in addition to the appellate courts of several other states.
- Represented Staples in a trademark infringement and unfair competition action in the U.S. against a competitor that had developed logos and e-commerce sites that mimicked Staples’ famous works and traded off of Staples’ valuable market recognition. This case required our team to closely coordinate with Staples' U.K. counsel. As a result of discovery, the parties were able to settle and resolve this dispute.
- Represented a major Boston teaching hospital in asserting claims of patent infringement against a generic pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Utility patent cases involving many types of mechanical devices, including consumer office products, industrial sealing devices, photocopiers and sporting equipment.
- Represented numerous defendants against accusations of infringement of business methods patents.
- Member of trial team in two substantial ANDA cases on behalf of branded pharmaceutical companies. Prevailed at trial in both, and affirmed on appeal.
- Design patent disputes, including obtaining summary judgment on design patent claim and successful appeal to Federal Circuit.
- Trademark and trade dress cases, including trials to verdict and appellate arguments. Successfully enforced two well-known marks on behalf of national retailer.
Professional and Community Involvement
- MIT Corporation Development Committee, Member 2007-2013
- MIT Club of Boston, Member
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation, Member
Awards and Recognition
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Martindale-Hubbell TM Top Rated Lawyer in Litigation, 2014
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2016
- Best Lawyers in America – Intellectual Property Litigation, 2014