Complex real estate transactions, portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, and joint ventures representing institutions, foreign investors, REITs and developers are all part of Barry Green's broad-based real estate practice. In addition, Barry has represented both borrowers and lenders in a wide variety of financing transactions, including construction and permanent lending, participating and shared appreciation mortgages, sale-leaseback transactions and troubled debt restructurings. Chambers USA recognizes Barry as "an excellent lawyer with a fine reputation. He has that invaluable combination of experience and expertise." Chambers resources comment that "Barry is very responsive to clients, very bright and very personable." Barry is the firm's Co-Managing Director-Elect.
- Representation of CrossHarbor Capital Partners LLC on the completion of its landmark acquisition of the equity interests in the reorganized Yellowstone Club.
- Representation of a German life insurance company in a $110M joint venture investment with respect to a prominent New York office building.
- Representation of Beacon Capital Partners in the acquisition and financing of 30 properties located in the District of Columbia, Virginia and Seattle consisting of over 11.5 million square feet of office space.
- Representation of a real estate investment firm in the financing of eight loans totaling $700 million for the acquisition of a property portfolio in Arlington, VA.
- Representation of a self-administered and managed real estate investment trust in connection with $130 million construction and permanent financing for office building development in Washington, D.C.
- Representation of a Netherlands based independent real estate company in the joint venture of a townhouse development in Atlanta.
- Representation of a national leader in commercial real estate investment in connection with the sale of a property portfolio in excess of $500 million.
- Representation of a privately owned real estate investment and development company in connection with construction and design documents for a 163 unit condominium project in Washington, D.C.
- Representation of a hotel development, management and advisory firm in connection with hotel license agreements with Marriot, Hilton, Intercontinental and Radisson throughout the US.
- Representation of seller in connection with the disposition of a portfolio of hotels.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate (AFIRE), Executive Committee, Director of Tax and Legal, 2012
- Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education
- Advisory Committee of Real Estate and Environmental Law, 1998
- Real Estate Finance Association
- Co-Chair of Roundtable Committee, 2001 and 2002
- Co-Chair of Gala Committee, 1999 and 2000
- Co-Chair of Education Committee,1998
- Director, 2000-2001; 2003-2004
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV PreeminentTM
- Chambers USA, "America's Leading Business Lawyers," 2003-2014
- Massachusetts SuperLawyer, 2005 - 2013
- “Real Estate Investors' Guide: REITs Real Estate Investment Trusts”, Expo Real, Munich, Germany, 2004
- “Structuring Joint Ventures”, Expo Real, Munich, Germany, 2003