Finance, private equity and joint ventures related to real estate, as well as crisis management for companies and individuals are Christian Hudson’s practice focus. Christian counsels clients with regard to matters involving real estate capital markets, investment trusts, joint ventures, financings, development, acquisitions and dispositions, restructurings and workouts, in addition to traditional business transactions. Christian also uses his over decade long background as an award winning Washington, DC based journalist to advise clients on matters requiring crisis management, specifically where legal questions are impacted by media coverage and/or politics.
Prior to joining the legal field, Christian worked as a Senior Producer at CNN launching and producing such newscasts as Wolf Blitzer Reports and the Situation Room.
Finance and Real Estate
- Reorganize billion dollar commercial Class A property portfolio.
- Negotiate joint venture to recapitalize billion dollar commercial Class A property portfolio.
- Negotiate joint venture to acquire billion dollar hotel property portfolio.
- Advise real estate investment trusts as well as other public and private companies with regard to their joint venture acquisitions, dispositions, financings and development projects.
- Extensive experience in the hospitality industry, involving hotel acquisitions, dispositions and financings, management and franchise agreements, and public offerings.
- Counsel clients across all areas of the commercial real estate industry, including, hospitality, resort, multi-family, office, industrial, and specialized use properties.
Crisis Management and Government Relations
- Advise public and private companies, as well as individuals, facing events which capture the dual attention of the media and investigators/regulators.
- Advised a consortium of companies on the development, drafting and ultimate implementation of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Served as pro bono counsel to the family of an American reporter detained in Libya to successfully facilitate the release of the reporter and several other detained individuals.
Professional and Community Involvement
Awards and Recognition
Pro Bono Awards and Recognition
- PRSA Silver Anvil Award of Excellence 2012, Crisis Communications, The Campaign to Free James Foley.
- E. Randolph Williams Awards for Outstanding Pro Bono Service: 2009-2010 and 2011-2012.
Media Awards and Recognition
- Emmy Award 2007, Outstanding Live Coverage of a Breaking News Story - Long Form, CNN Election Night.
- Peabody Award 2005: CNN’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.
- DuPont Award 2005: CNN’s coverage of Tsunami Disaster in South Asia.