Zoning and land use law, historic preservation, municipal law and urban renewal in the District of Columbia are the focus of Christine Roddy's practice. As a Director in the Real Estate group, Christine represents clients in the development of mixed-use, office, retail, institutional, industrial and residential projects.
- Assists clients in various land use and zoning issues relating to the development of new retail, institutional, industrial, residential, and office facilities.
- Represents clients before the DC Council, the Zoning Commission, the Board of Zoning Adjustment, the Historic Preservation Review Board, the Mayor’s Agent for Historic Preservation, the National Capital Planning Commission and other district and federal agencies involved in land use matters.
- Advises clients on a variety of transactional matters, including the purchase and sale of transferable development rights and combined lot development rights.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW)
- Greater Washington Board of Trade (Ambassadors Committee)
- Georgia Bar Association
- DC Bar Association
- Duke University Partners in Education
Awards and Recognition
- 2015 Top 40 Lawyers Under 40, Bisnow DC