Commercial real estate developments and transactions are the focal point of David Lewis’ Real Estate practice. Dave, an associate at the firm, assists clients in the development of mixed-use, multi-family, professional sports, entertainment, office, renewable energy and industrial office projects in Boston, New York and Washington, DC. He also has experience with transactions and leases involving hotel, retail and office properties in major urban markets nationwide. Dave is a member of the firm’s Climate Change Task Force.
- Represented a national multi-family REIT in securing entitlements for more than 1,000 new units in transit-oriented projects.
- Represented a professional sports franchise in land use and zoning matters, real property acquisition and transportation planning.
- Assisted with obtaining permits and ensuring regulatory compliance for a first-of-its kind renewable energy technology.
- Supported the redevelopment and repositioning of a 1.3 million square foot industrial office complex along Boston’s working waterfront.
- Supported hotel real estate investment fund in transactions and financings totaling $350M for properties in North Carolina, Texas, Minnesota, Arizona and New England.
- Acted as counsel to a special servicer in its repositioning of a shopping center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Represented a retail REIT in its lease up and redevelopment of a shopping center in New England.
- Negotiated, on behalf of Landlords, numerous office and retail leases for signature Manhattan commercial buildings.
- Advised on the implications of FEMA flood plain designations and regulations on the development of new projects.
Professional and Community Involvement
- East Boston Technical Assistance Panel – advised neighborhood groups on resiliency to climate change
- Urban Land Institute/Boston Urban Development Council, member
- US Green Building Council, member
- American Planning Association, member