Corporate and commercial lending transactions, including leveraged and acquisition finance, cross-border financings, asset based loans, investment grade and other club and syndicated lending deals are at the core of David Wiles’ practice. David represents banks, other lenders and borrowers in a variety of financing transactions, including for multinational companies having operations in the UK, Europe, Latin America and Asia. David is a Director in the firm, having previously practiced at two other Am Law 100 firms in New York and Charlotte, N.C. Before that, he was an Associate General Counsel and Managing Director at a leading corporate and investment bank and has extensive contacts within the banking industry.
David is a member of the New York and North Carolina bars. He is a former member of the Board of Advisors for the North Carolina Banking Institute and the Center for Banking and Finance, and speaks frequently on CLE panels and in seminars on syndicated lending, leveraged finance and other topics in corporate lending and loan market developments.
He received his B.A.Sc. degree, magna cum laude, from the University of South Carolina Honors College, and his J.D. from Harvard Law School, cum laude.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and N.C. Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Board of Advisers, North Carolina Banking Institute and the Center for Banking and Finance (University of North Carolina, School of Law), 2010-2011
- Speaker on CLE panels and in seminars on syndicated lending, leveraged finance and other topics in corporate lending and loan market developments.