International trade and corporate matters including capital transactions, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general corporate issues are the focus of Eby Pineda-Dorcena's practice. In the international trade arena, Eby advises clients regarding import and export compliance with particular expertise in counseling technology-based clients in navigating the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (OFAC). In addition, Eby advises clients in connection with shareholder and limited liability company agreements. Eby Pineda-Dorcena is an Associate in the firm's Corporate group.
Prior to law school, Eby was a senior tax accountant, financial and operations auditor and project analyst for United Technologies Corporation. Eby is fluent in Spanish.
- Representation of management-led investment group in the acquisition of Smartbargains.
- Representation of Castanea Partners in the acquisition of Betsey Johnson.
- Representation of fabric company on both the restructuring and subsequent bankruptcy sale.
- Representation of China-based integrated IT service provider in the acquisition of a US subsidiary.
- Representation of Gordon Brothers Group in the acquisition of CompUSA, Inc., K's Merchandise Mart, Inc., Casual Corner and Petite Sophisticate divisions of Retail Brand Alliance.
- Representation of Audax in the sale of various portfolio companies including Briar Company, W. Jackson & Sons Construction Co., and Larkin Contracting, Inc.
- Representation of real estate developer in joint ventures.
- Representation of technology-based businesses regarding US export controls compliance, including proper classification of their technologies, products and services relative to the EAR and ITAR, establishing export compliance programs, obtaining export licenses and clearances from the Commerce Department's Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) and the State Department's Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC), and otherwise helping them comply with the EAR and the ITAR.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Boston Bar Association
- Citizen Schools 8th Grade Academy