Corporate, international and real estate matters comprise Eli Rubenstein's practice. Eli has been helping clients with corporate strategic planning, financing transactions, complex lease negotiations, real estate development matters and partnership and joint venture structuring for over 35 years. He has been a Director of the firm since 1979.
- Representation of a German life insurance company in a $110M joint venture investment with respect to a prominent New York office building.
- Acted as legal advisors to Eaton Vance Management in connection with the $1.6 Billion acquisition of Keystone Property Trust by a partnership of ProLogis, the largest public U.S.-based global provider of distribution facilities and services, and certain affiliates of investment funds managed by Eaton Vance Management.
- Representation of a national financial service company on the sale of the Hancock Tower and related buildings to Beacon Capital Partners.
- Acquisition of a landmark Boston office tower on behalf of a real estate investment trust.
- Acquisition of a downtown San Francisco mixed-use, office and retail development on behalf of a real estate investment trust.
- Acquisition (and, ultimately, disposition) on behalf of a Wall Street investment banking house of a portfolio of several hundred non-performing and performing loans secured by commercial real estate and multifamily assets.
- Merger, on behalf of the surviving entity, of several Boston area hospitals, to form a new healthcare network.
- Disposition of a portfolio of four regional shopping centers and a regional management company in Puerto Rico.
- Development of two new regional enclosed shopping malls in Puerto Rico.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chair, Board of Directors of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Trustee and Past Chair, Central New England Chapter of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Member of the Board of Visitors, Dimock Community Health Center
- Member of Board of Trustees, Multiple Sclerosis International Federation
- Member of the Board, American Jewish Committee
- Past Co-Chair, Lawyers' Team, Combined Jewish Philanthropies
- Board of Editors (1991-1999), International Council of Shopping Centers Legal Update
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Best Lawyers in America, 1995-2017
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2015
- Hope Award Recipient, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, 1998
- Who’s Who in American Law