Debtors, creditors, secured lenders, private equity sponsors and purchasers of assets look to Greg Kaden for counsel in a variety of bankruptcy and restructuring matters. Greg also has extensive experience representing buyers and sellers in non-distressed M&A deals, lenders in subordinated loan transactions and intercreditor arrangements, and directors and officers in corporate governance and risk management matters.
Mergers and Acquisitions
- Counsel to CRG Partners Group in the sale of substantially all of its assets to Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP.
- Counsel to management group in buyout of majority owner of consulting firm.
- Counsel to successful purchaser of assets of national retailer.
- Counsel to planning and development company in its acquisition of prominent architecture firm.
- Representation of private equity firm and its portfolio companies in various acquisitions and dispositions.
Bankruptcy and Restructuring
- Debtor-in-possession counsel to Betsey Johnson LLC in the sale and disposition of its assets in Chapter 11 proceedings before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Lead counsel to foreign representative of Irish company in its Chapter 15 bankruptcy case.
- Debtor-in possession counsel to Victor Oolitic Stone Company in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Debtor-in possession counsel to software company in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Founding Member, Fort Hill Risk Management
- Drafts and negotiates management liability insurance policy forms for companies and individual directors and officers
- Successful defense of former CEO of Chapter 11 debtor from state labor law claims arising from post-petition plant closings.
- Successful representation of former directors of financially-troubled corporation in corporate governance litigation.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Association of Corporate Growth
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers "Rising Star," 2005 - 2007, 2009 - 2011
- “America’s Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA 2012-2015
- Panelist, "Current Trends in Rep and Warranty Insurance," Northeast M&A and Private Equity Forum, December 2014
- Panelist, "E&O and D&O Liability Insurance and Claims in Bankruptcy,” July 2013
- Panelist, "In-House Counsel: Preparing for the Unexpected," March 2012
- Panelist, “Debtor’s Guide to Drafting and Negotiating Workout Proposals With Secured Lenders,” July 2010
- Panelist, "Shareholder Liability: Piercing the Corporate Veil & Beyond," May 2009
- Panelist, “Recent Developments Affecting Officers & Directors of Financially Distressed Businesses,” December 2008