Complex corporate and real estate joint ventures (representing both institutional and private equity capital investors as well as real estate developers) and mergers and acquisitions are all part of Janice Gross' broad practice. Janice is a Director in the firm's Real Estate Capital Markets/Equity group.
In addition, Janice has represented sponsors in the formation of real estate investment funds, US affiliates of Canadian companies, and numerous clients in connection with restructuring shareholder and limited liability company agreements, employee incentive arrangements, equity investments, employment and other corporate matters.
- Representation of Federal Realty Investment Trust in connection with the formation of a joint venture and acquisition of a controlling interest in Montrose Crossing, a 357,000 square foot existing shopping center with an adjacent developable parcel in Maryland. The $127M purchase also involved an $80M loan from Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America.
- Representation of CrossHarbor Capital Partners in connection with the negotiation and formation of multiple joint venture arrangements relating to the acquisition of an 80% interest in 3 shopping centers in Pennsylvania totaling more than 635,000 square feet.
- Representation of Boston Culinary Group, a leading provider of food and beverage concessions services, in its merger with Centerplate, Inc., a Kohlberg & Co., portfolio company.
- Representation of Manulife Financial in a joint venture to develop an office building in Georgia.
- Representation of Federal Realty Investment Trust in connection with multiple separate joint venture arrangements and the acquisition of a controlling interest in Plaza El Segundo in California. In connection with the acquisition, Goulston & Storrs provided counsel regarding the securitized lender’s consent to the equity transfer and various modifications to an existing $175M loan. This 381,000 sq.ft mixed-use retail and restaurant property is adjacent to an 8.1 acre developable land parcel, which was also acquired in the transaction. The project also included Brownfields redevelopment and significant tax compliance issues.
- Representation of Forest City Enterprises, Inc. in the creation of an approximately $700 million joint venture with Health Care REIT, Inc. in a seven-building life sciences campus located in Forest City's mixed-use University Park project in Cambridge, MA.
- Representation of CrossHarbor Capital Partners LLC on the completion of its landmark acquisition of the equity interests in the reorganized Yellowstone Club, and related private offering.
- Representation of Beacon Capital Partners in various joint ventures.
- Representation of AION Partners LLC in its approximately $100 million joint venture with the Carlyle Group to acquire a Virginia multi-family property.
- Representation of Magic Brands and Fuddruckers, an owner, operator and franchisor of over 200 fast casual restaurants in the United States and Canada, in general corporate matters and in their Chapter 11 asset sale.
Professional and Community Involvement