Loyola University Maryland, B.A., 1993
Marketing communications and branding strategies, external and internal communications and social media are at the core of Jeff Scalzi's role as the firm's Head of Content Strategy. In this capacity, Jeff is also responsible for establishing and implementing marketing strategies, maintaining partnerships with key industry associations, and driving marketing technology solutions for the firm. Jeff works alongside the firm's Director of Client Services and Business Development to manage the daily operations of the Business Development department at Goulston & Storrs.
Jeff has 22 years’ experience in developing and implementing strategic, integrated marketing communications programs, most recently serving as director of marketing and business development at Dentons US and Foley Hoag LLP. Before that he served as regional marketing manager for an Am Law 100 firm, where he managed a team of professionals responsible for all marketing, communications, public relations, business planning and key client initiatives for the firm’s New England offices.
As a recognized industry leader in legal services marketing, Jeff is a member of and served as 2012 President of the Legal Marketing Association, New York Chapter. He also served as 2008 President of the Legal Marketing Association, New England Chapter. Jeff was Co-Executive Editor for Strategies: The Journal of Legal Marketing for two years. He most recently served as the co-chair of the Legal Marketing Association's OneLMA Task Force, leading to his current role as a member of the LMA Regional Nominating Process Task Force overseeing the regionalization of the association.
Prior to his work in professional services marketing, Jeff held positions managing the marketing communications initiatives at several technology companies serving industries such as health care, life sciences, telecommunications, real estate, retail and financial services.
*Jeff Scalzi is not an attorney.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Legal Marketing Association, Member, 2004-Present
- Member, LMA Regional Nominating Process Task Force, 2016
- Co-Chair, OneLMA Task Force, 2014
- President, Metropolitan New York Chapter, 2012
- Member of Executive Board, Metropolitan New York Chapter, 2010-2013
- Co-Executive Editor, Strategies: The Journal of Legal Marketing, 2009-2010
- President, New England Chapter, 2008
- Member of Executive Board, New England Chapter, 2006-2009
- Co-Chair, Annual Conference, New England Chapter, 2005-2006
- Legal Sales and Service Organization, Member, 2013-Present
- Greater Boston Legal Services, Board Member, 2008-2010
- NYLMA: Leave Your Legacy with the New York Legal Marketing Association, 20th Anniversary, February 2012
- How to Manage Your Career in a Changing Marketplace, Legal Marketing Association, New England Chapter, October 2011
- Personal and Professional Insights into the Life and Career of a Chief Marketing Officer, Legal Marketing Association, Atlanta City Group, November 2010
- Integrating Marketing and Sales and Lateral Integration: What Works (and What Doesn’t), The Hildebrandt Institute and West LegalEdCenter 17th Annual Marketing Partner Forum, January 2010
- Business Development and Planning, Special Topics in Communication: Professional Services Marketing, Emerson College, May 2009
- Closing the Deal: Understanding the Sales Cycle at Law Firms, Legal Marketing Association New England Chapter Annual Conference, November 2008
- The Dynamics of Networking, Special Topics in Communication: Professional Services Marketing, Emerson College, May 2008