Stockholder and employee relationships, acquisitions and mergers, financings, succession planning, commercial contracts and general corporate representation are just some of the reasons why clients turn to Jeffrey Wolfson. As a member of both the firm’s Corporate and Employment Law groups, Jeff's work includes corporate restructuring, the drafting and negotiation of employment and consulting agreements on behalf of both employers and employees, and stockholder buy-sell agreements. Jeff is active in several local and national organizations devoted to the representation of family-owned businesses and is a past Chairman of the Northeastern University Center for Family Business. He is also experienced in the purchase and sale of aircraft and the drafting and negotiation of complex transactional legal opinions for major clients of the firm. Jeff is a Director in the firm.
- Negotiated a $350 Million loan to a borrower with U.S. and Canadian affiliates for an international syndicate of banks.
- Advised a family-owned plastics manufacturing company following the deaths of its sole stockholders/senior executives in a tragic plane crash, including dealing with anxious customers, lenders and employees; creating and participating on a Board of Advisors; and ultimately selling the company.
- Secured a $50 Million revolving loan for the publicly-held parent company of a national electronics retailer.
- Negotiated a LLC operating agreement for a major hotel chain to be built in the former Olympic Park in Atlanta.
- Transferred ownership to the second generation of a family-owned business, including stockholder and buy-sell agreements among the new owners.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Chairman Emeritus, Northeastern University Center for Family Business
- Founding Member and Director, Family Firm Institute, New England Chapter
- Editorial Board, Case Studies Project of the National Family Firm Institute
- Board of Directors of Performers Ensemble, Inc., a non-profit theater organization specializing in public education on the subjects of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Appointed by the Board of Selectmen of the Town of Needham to serve on its Parking Facilities Study Commission.
- Pro Bono work for Boston Homeowners Services Collaborative (an affordable housing lender), Oxfam America, and the Phillips Brooks House Association at Harvard University.
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004
- Awarded a Certificate in Family Business Advising with Fellow Status from the international Family Firm Institute in recognition of outstanding achievements and contributions to the field of family business advising.