Intellectual property litigation and commercial litigation are the focal points of Jennifer Furey’s legal practice. As a director in the firm’s Litigation group, she represents individuals and businesses with high-stakes commercial litigation matters and intellectual property matters concerning utility and design patents, trademarks, trade dress, trade secrets, false advertising and copyrights. Jennifer has tried numerous cases to verdict and has successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of clients in both commercial litigation and intellectual property matters. Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Jennifer was a partner at a litigation boutique law firm in Boston. Jennifer is a member of the editorial board for the firm's retail blog, Retail Law Advisor.
- Obtained summary judgment for international apparel and shoe company in a trademark infringement action relating to the sale of Kobe Bryant apparel.
- Representation of multiple retailers in both patent and trademark litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment for international apparel and shoe company in trademark infringement action relating to Michael Jordan’s induction into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Representation of an international medical device company in ongoing patent infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets actions.
- Obtained injunction on behalf of a medical device manufacturer, requiring competitor to recall and re-package infringing goods.
- Representation of a leading manufacturer of protective adhesive films for electronic devices in patent infringement litigation.
- Obtained a jury verdict on behalf of a software company in a trade secrets misappropriation case.
- Obtained summary judgment for international manufacturer of fluid sealing devices in a copyright infringement action arising out of the transfer of mechanical drawings to a competitor.
- Obtained a jury verdict in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York on behalf of the owner of nationwide travel centers in a subrogation case involving the theft of $11 million of pharmaceutical cargo from tractor trailers.
- Obtained a verdict and attorneys’ fees on behalf of an international real estate developer in connection with the development of a large parcel of land in Boston’s Seaport District.
- Representation of automobile dealership chain in close corporation shareholder dispute.
- Representation of an international hotel chain in class action litigation alleging wage act violations.
- Counsel clients on a variety of pre-litigation employment issues.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Massachusetts Women's Bar Foundation
- Patent Litigation Chair, Intellectual Property Committee of the Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member of the Host Committee, Good Sports Boston
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women in Massachusetts, 2014-2015
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2013 - 2015
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005 - 2008, 2010 - 2011
- Panelist, Exploring Trends in the U.S. Supreme Court IP Decision, United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts Bench Bar Conference, October 2015
- Panelist, Managing the Brand of You, Women Champions of Business, Boston, MA, October 2015
- Moderator, Closing the Working Relationship Gap between In-house and Outside Counsel, 27th Annual General Counsel Conference, New York, NY, June 2015
- Speaker, Considering Injunction and Ongoing Royalty Rulings in Licensing, LES Webinar Company, March 2012
- Legal Correspondent, Sports Pulse, Regional Cable Television Station CN8