Intellectual property litigation and class action employment litigation are the focal points of Jennifer Furey’s legal practice. As a Director in the firm’s Litigation group, she represents individuals and businesses with intellectual property matters concerning utility and design patents, trademarks, trade dress, trade secrets, false advertising and copyrights, and with high-stakes class action employment litigation matters. Jennifer has tried numerous cases to verdict and has successfully obtained summary judgment on behalf of clients in both employment litigation and intellectual property matters. Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, Jennifer was a partner at a litigation boutique law firm in Boston. Jennifer is a member of the editorial board for the firm's retail blog, Retail Law Advisor. Jennifer serves as Co-Chair of the firm's Litigation Group.
- Obtained summary judgment for international apparel and shoe company in a trademark infringement action relating to the sale of Kobe Bryant apparel.
- Represented inventors and start-up company in patent infringement litigation involving HD Radio technology.
- Represented pet products retailer in patent infringement litigation.
- Represented international lighting manufacturer in patent infringement litigation.
- Obtained summary judgment for international apparel and shoe company in trademark infringement action relating to Michael Jordan’s induction into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame.
- Represented an international medical device company in ongoing patent infringement and misappropriation of trade secrets actions.
- Obtained injunction on behalf of a medical device manufacturer, requiring competitor to recall and re-package infringing goods.
- Represented a leading manufacturer of protective adhesive films for electronic devices in patent infringement litigation.
- Obtained a jury verdict on behalf of a software company in a trade secrets misappropriation case.
- Obtained summary judgment for international manufacturer of fluid sealing devices in a copyright infringement action arising out of the transfer of mechanical drawings to a competitor.
- Represent multi-media company in trade secret litigation.
- Represent automobile dealerships in two ongoing class action alleging wage and hour violations. Obtained dismissal of dealerships in automotive group which did not directly employ the plaintiffs.
- Represented real estate management company in class action wage and hour litigation. Successfully defeated class certification.
- Represented an international hotel chain in class action litigation alleging wage act violations.
- Counsel clients on a variety of pre-litigation employment issues.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America, 2016
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Massachusetts Women's Bar Foundation
- Patent Litigation Chair, Intellectual Property Committee of the Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member of the Host Committee, Good Sports Boston
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women in Massachusetts, 2014-2015
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2013 - 2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005 - 2008, 2010 - 2011
- Panelist, Exploring Trends in the U.S. Supreme Court IP Decision, United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts Bench Bar Conference, October 2015
- Panelist, Managing the Brand of You, Women Champions of Business, Boston, MA, October 2015
- Moderator, Closing the Working Relationship Gap between In-house and Outside Counsel, 27th Annual General Counsel Conference, New York, NY, June 2015
- Speaker, Considering Injunction and Ongoing Royalty Rulings in Licensing, LES Webinar Company, March 2012
- Legal Correspondent, Sports Pulse, Regional Cable Television Station CN8