Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., 2008
College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 2004
District of Columbia
Corporate clients and individuals with litigation issues including business disputes, professional malpractice defense, and land use, title, condominium, and other real property disputes turn to Jonathan Small. Jonathan is an Associate in the firm's Litigation group who appears regularly in state and federal courts and before administrative agencies. Prior to joining the firm, Jonathan served as law clerk to the Honorable Lynn Leibovitz of the District of Columbia Superior Court.
- Defended a national REIT in litigation brought by a Massachusetts municipality seeking utility fees dating back fifteen years and successfully obtained partial summary judgment dismissing nearly all of the municipality’s claim for damages.
- Represented a technology company asserting misappropriation of trade secrets and other claims against a former employee and competitors.
- Represented a securities company in connection with an internal investigation into allegations of insider trading by an employee.
- Defending an AmLaw 200 law firm in litigation brought by a former client asserting claims of legal malpractice against the firm.
- Defending a national REIT in litigation brought by condominium purchasers asserting claims for fraud and seeking rescission.
- Representing real estate developers in appellate proceedings concerning zoning and related administrative decisions.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Citizen Schools/Discovering Justice Legal Apprenticeship Program