Jonathan Stein advises public and private companies, investment funds and real estate investors on corporate, partnership and international tax matters. As Counsel in the firm's Tax Group, Jonathan is experienced in representing buyers and sellers in taxable and tax-free M&A transactions; investment fund sponsors and institutional investors in fund formation and structuring of portfolio investments; and real estate investors and developers in optimizing complex joint venture strategies.
- Representation of a transportation company in a sale to a private equity-backed strategic acquirer, including structuring of rollover equity to the company’s founders
- Representation of a consortium of artists and investors in the purchase of an offshore music company
- Representation of a publicly-traded telecommunications company in a tax-free spin off
- Representation of an investment fund in connection with a direct investment into its management company
- Representation of a maker of digital advertising signs in a joint venture with a public company
- Representation of a real estate fund in structuring REIT-compliant investments
Professional and Community Involvement