Real estate acquisitions and dispositions, real estate financing and real estate development are the foundation of Jordan Krasnow's 40 years of practice. With experience in all major US markets, Jordan is recognized by Chambers USA as "the firm's leading light in real estate. He is a practitioner whose advice is invaluable at all stages of a real estate transaction, from the structuring and negotiating to the eventual closing." Chambers sources say that "Jordan is admired for his proactive, deal-making approach and his impressive real estate knowledge. He's great at getting people around the table and finding a solution; he is diplomatic, knowledgeable and gets the right people involved."
- Representation of Beacon Capital Partners in the acquisition and financing of 30 properties located in the District of Columbia, Virginia and Seattle consisting of over 11.5 million square feet of office space.
- Real estate counsel to private investment fund, including acquisition of large office properties in New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, Washington, D.C., greater Boston and other locations throughout the United States. Transactions include joint ventures and highly structured ownership arrangements.
- Real estate counsel to one of the nation's leading multifamily Real Estate Investment Trusts in real estate acquisitions and dispositions nationally.
- Representation of a national financial service company on the sale of a landmark office building and related buildings.
- Representation of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in a public/private enterprise for the rehabilitation and re-use of a 30-story state office building.
- Represented lending group providing construction financing of TD Banknorth Garden, Boston, MA.
- Represented purchasers of multifamily historic tax credit properties.
- Represented largest health insurance company in Massachusetts in the disposition of its headquarters at 100 Summer Street, Boston, MA and the lease of its new headquarters at the Landmark Center, Boston, MA.
- Represented a national commercial real estate investment management company in acquisition of portfolio of 53 properties, including office and R&D facilities.
- Represented private company in complex sale-leaseback transaction for office buildings in Boston, MA utilizing tenant-in-common interest structure.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Director, Roxbury Preparatory Charter School Foundation, Inc.
- Director, Habitat for Humanity, Greater Boston
- Access for Justice Fellow 2014 - 2015
- Massachusetts Bar Foundation
- Former Chair, Real Estate Section, Boston Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- "Boston Real Estate Lawyer of the Year," Best Lawyers, 2010
- "Robert S. Swain Jr. Distinguished Service Award" Recipient, REFA 2009
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2016
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006-2017
- “American Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA, 2003-2015 and ranked the number one Real Estate attorney in Massachusetts in 2007
- Listed as one of the World’s Leading Real Estate Lawyers, 2004
- Recipient, 1995 B’nai B’rith Distinguished Achievement Award
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Law