Business planning and strategy, asset and stock sales, debt and equity financings, mergers, acquisitions, entity structuring and board, shareholder and partner relationships are the heart of Kitt Sawitsky’s practice. Known as a deal maker, he has extensive corporate and business law experience including with consumer businesses and their domestic and cross-border operations and transactions, and private equity investments and acquisitions. Kitt serves as General Counsel to a number of retail, restaurant and other middle market companies. Throughout his career, Kitt has also been involved in numerous high-profile workouts and restructurings on behalf of both creditors and debtors. Kitt served as the firm’s co-Managing Director for nine years and is also the former co-Chair of the firm's Corporate group.
- Castanea Partners private equity fund, in connection with various portfolio investments.
- Shawmut Design & Construction, as general counsel.
- Rue La La e commerce business, in connection with all aspects of its on-line business.
- Betsey Johnson apparel chain, as general counsel and representation in all aspects of its international design, wholesale and retail business.
- Not Your Average Joe’s restaurant chain, as general counsel and representation in various acquisitions, private equity financings, intellectual property and other operational matters.
- Donald J. Pliner shoes, as general counsel and representation in all aspects of its retail and wholesale shoe business.
- Hearts on Fire, a specialty diamond retailer, in connection with its strategic relationships, including cross-border transactions.
- Magic Brands and Fuddruckers, operator and franchisor of over 200 fast casual restaurants in the United States and Canada, as General Counsel and in their Chapter 11 reorganization.
- Eaton Vance funds, in connection with joint venture agreements and relations with strategic partners.
- Tivoli Audio, in its private equity recapitalization and ongoing general corporate matters.
- The Board of Directors of Point Therapeutics, Inc. in their strategic planning and eventual merger with another biopharmaceutical company.
- Tweeter Home Entertainment Group, Inc. in numerous acquisitions, equity and debt financings, initial and secondary public offerings, e-commerce joint ventures and with respect to their eventual sale and Chapter 11 proceedings.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Counsel and Member of The Board of Trustees, OXFAM America
- Chairman of The Board of Directors, STRIVE-Boston Employment Service, Inc.
- Member of The Board of Trustees, Strategies for Children, Inc.
- Member of The Board of Trustees, Open Learning Exchange
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004-2011
- Named one of “The Best Lawyers in America”