Business planning and strategy, asset and stock sales, debt and equity financings, mergers, acquisitions, entity and board structuring and shareholder and partner relationships are the heart of Kitt Sawitsky’s practice. Known as a deal maker, he has extensive corporate and business law experience including with consumer facing businesses and their domestic and cross-border operations and transactions. He has done numerous private equity investments and acquisitions and also serves as general counsel to a number of middle market companies. Throughout his career, he has also been involved in many high-profile workouts and restructurings on behalf of both creditors and debtors.
Kitt served as the firm’s Co-Managing Director for nine years and is also the former Co-Chair of the firm's Corporate group.
- Castanea Partners private equity fund, in connection with various portfolio investments, acquisitions and sales
- Shawmut Design & Construction in various aspects of their business
- Hearts on Fire in connection with its strategic relationships, including the recent sale of the company to Chow Tai Fook
- CRG Partners in its merger with Deloitte to form Deloitte CRG
- The Trustee of certain family trusts in connection with the sale of Dow Jones & Company to News Corp
- Dr. N.V. Perricone in the sale by TSG Capital of Perricone MD to Lion Capital
- Rue La La ecommerce business in connection with all aspects of its on-line business
- Hunt Companies in its acquisition of Ricci-Greene Architects
- Polaroid in its recent recapitalization by the Pohlad Family and certain other investors
- Bay State Milling Company in certain asset acquisitions and technology licensing
- Gordon Brothers and DJM Asset Management in the acquisition and disposition of CompUSA, a 200+ location computer retailer in the United States and Mexico
- The Board of Directors of Point Therapeutics, Inc. in its strategic planning and eventual merger with another biopharmaceutical company
- Betsey Johnson apparel chain as general counsel and in all aspects of its international design, wholesale and retail business
- Not Your Average Joe’s as general counsel and in connection with all aspects of this restaurant chain's operations and financing
- Magic Brands and Fuddruckers, owner and franchisor of over 200 fast casual restaurants in all aspects of its business
- OXFAM America as general counsel
Professional and Community Involvement
- Counsel and Member of The Board of Trustees, OXFAM America
- Member of The Board of Trustees, Strategies for Children, Inc.
- Member of the Board of Overseers, New England Aquarium
- Former Chairman of The Board of Directors, STRIVE-Boston Employment Service, Inc.
- Member of The Board of Trustees, Open Learning Exchange
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2014
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2017