Land use matters and representation of developers in all aspects of commercial and mixed-use developments are the emphasis of Marilyn Sticklor's broad-based real estate practice. Marilyn brings to her practice particular expertise in governmental permitting in Boston and suburban communities, structure of ownership and operational relationships in planned unit developments and tiered condominiums, multi-family housing, and acquisitions. Marilyn is a Director with the firm.
- Representation of Boston Children’s Hospital in preparation of Boston Institutional Master Plan and in various land use matters for real estate development projects at the Core Campus in the Longwood Medical and Academic Area and other locations, Boston, MA, for real estate development projects in Brookline, MA (Brookline Place and facilities for long-term housing for patients’ families) and various suburban locations.
- Representation of Boston Properties (REIT) in connection with expansion of the Prudential Center, Boston, MA including 36-story office building, 11-story luxury residential building, 11-story office building and supermarket and in connection with construction of Atlantic Wharf, a mixed-use 31-story office and residential project on the waterfront, Boston, MA.
- Representation of Simon Property Group in connection with various land use matters relating to Copley Place and its Residential Expansion and Retail Addition Project, Boston, MA.
- Representation of Hines Interests Limited Partnership in development of South Station Air Rights Project, a mixed-use project to contain over 1.5 million SF to be built over the South Station Transportation Center in Boston, MA.
- Representation of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. in multi-family residential developments in Boston, MA including the Nashua Street Residences, the 45 Stuart Street Residences and the Exeter Residences.
- Representation of The Druker Company, Ltd. in development of 350 Boylston Street, a proposed office building in the Back Bay, and in connection with the Colonnade Residences, a 20-story luxury residential development integrated with The Colonnade Hotel in the Back Bay, Boston, MA.
- Permitting counsel to various hotel owners and restaurants in Boston, MA including representation of CWB Boylston LLC in development and condominium structuring of The Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Residences.
- Representation of Blackstone/Equity Office in repositioning/modifying various premier office buildings in Boston, MA.
- Representation of large nonprofit organization in the permitting and development of the Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center in the Uphams Corner area of Boston, MA.
- Representation of Pinehills LLC, a joint venture between New England Development and The Green Company, in land use matters and planned unit development structure for The Pinehills, a 3,000 acre mixed-use development in Plymouth, MA including over 2,500 homes, planned retirement development, hotel and conference center, community and retail uses and four golf courses, including Jack Nicklaus and Rees Jones designed courses.
- Representation of Legacy Farms LLC in land use matters and planned unit development structure for Legacy Farms, a master planned community on 730 acres in Hopkinton, MA to contain 940 homes and commercial uses.
- Representation of New England Development and other national developers in anchor shopping center documentation for original development and expansion of 11 super-regional shopping centers.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New England Women in Real Estate (NEWIRE)
- Board of Editors, Shopping Center Legal Update, International Council of Shopping Centers, 1999-2005
- Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act Revision Advisory Committee, 1997-1998
- Co-Chairperson, Massachusetts Permit Streamlining Legal Advisory Committee, 1994-1995
- Urban Land Institute
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale HubbellTM Top Rated Lawyer in 'Land Use And Zoning', 2013
- Top Women Lawyers in the Northeast, Real Estate, Martindale HubbellTM, 2011
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004 and 2005