Land use matters and representation of developers in all aspects of commercial and mixed use developments are the emphasis of Marilyn Sticklor's broad-based real estate practice. Marilyn brings to her practice particular expertise in governmental permitting in Boston and suburban communities, structure of ownership and operational relationships in planned unit developments and tiered condominiums, multi-family housing, and acquisitions. Marilyn is a Director with the firm.
- Represented Boston Properties (REIT) in construction of Atlantic Wharf, a mixed use 31-story office and residential project, Boston, MA and in connection with expansion of the Prudential Center, Boston, MA including 36-story office building, 11-story luxury residential building, 11-story office building and supermarket.
- Represented Hines Interests Limited Partnership in development of South Station Air Rights Project, a mixed-use project to contain over 1.5 million SF to be built over the South Station Transportation Center in Boston, MA.
- Represented CWB Boylston LLC in development and condominium structuring of The Mandarin Oriental Hotel and Residences, Boston, MA.
- Represented AvalonBay Communities, Inc. in multi-family residential developments in Boston including the Exeter Residences, the 45 Stuart Street Residences and the Nashua Street Residences.
- Represented Children's Hospital Boston in land use matters for real estate development projects in Boston, Brookline (250,000 SF 8-story office building at 2 Brookline Place and long-term housing for patients' families at 241 Kent Street) and various suburban locations, and in preparation of Institutional Master Plan.
- Represented Blackstone/Equity Office in repositioning/modifying various premier office buildings in Boston, MA.
- Represented The Druker Company, Ltd. in development of 350 Boylston Street, a proposed office building in the Back Bay, and in connection with the Colonnade Residences, a 20-story luxury residential development integrated with The Colonnade Hotel.
- Represented Pinehills LLC, a joint venture between New England Development and The Green Company, in land use matters and planned unit development structure for The Pinehills, a 3,000 acre mixed-use development in Plymouth, MA including over 2,500 homes, planned retirement development, hotel and conference center, community and retail uses and four golf courses, including Jack Nicklaus and Rees Jones designed courses.
- Represented Legacy Farms LLC in land use matters and planned unit development structure for a proposed master planned community on 730 acres in Hopkinton, MA to contain 940 dwelling units and 450,000 SF commercial uses.
- Represented New England Development in the rezoning of Waterfront West Overlay District (WWOD) in downtown Newburyport
- Represented New England Development and other national developers in anchor shopping center documentation for original development and expansion of 11 super-regional shopping centers.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New England Women in Real Estate (NEWIRE)
- Board of Editors, Shopping Center Legal Update, International Council of Shopping Centers, 1999-2005
- Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act Revision Advisory Committee, 1997-1998
- Co-Chairperson, Massachusetts Permit Streamlining Legal Advisory Committee, 1994-1995
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale HubbellTM Top Rated Lawyer in 'Land Use And Zoning', 2013
- Top Women Lawyers in the Northeast, Real Estate, Martindale HubbellTM, 2011
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004 and 2005