Complex real estate transactions, including development arrangements and public/private partnerships, representation of tax exempt organizations, and financing, acquisition, disposition and leasing of real property are services that Max Friedman provides to clients. Max is a Director in the firm's Real Estate group.
Max's prior experience includes serving as Law Clerk to Honorable Irving R. Kaufman, Chief Judge, United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (1977-1978) and Luce Scholar, Member of Law Faculty, National University of Singapore (1979-1980).
- Numerous public and private parties in connection with the negotiation of complex development arrangements, ground leases and severance leases for hotel, residential, office, retail and mixed-use developments.
- The New York City Economic Development Corporation in connection with the redevelopment and sale of numerous properties, including the redevelopment of Times Square, the redevelopment of nine sites on the Lower East Side, the sale of two office buildings in lower Manhattan and the development of East River Science Park on the campus of Bellevue Hospital.
- A fortune 500 company in connection with the condominiumization of commercial buildings in mid-town Manhattan and the sale of condominium units for office and other uses.
- The YMCA of Greater New York in the development of numerous facilities, bond financings and other real estate matters.
- A German life insurance company with respect to a $110M joint venture investment in a prominent New York office building.
- Leading financial institutions in the financing of hotel, office and mixed-use properties.
- A leading conservancy organization in connection with a landmark land acquisition transaction.
- The General Theological Seminary in connection with development at its Chelsea campus.
Professional and Community Involvement
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- “Volunteer of the Year,” The Nature Conservancy, Adirondack Chapter, 2007
- New York Super Lawyer, 2006-2012