Public and privately-held companies in the software, medical device, biotech and e-commerce fields rely on the counsel of Michael Hickey in matters pertaining to financing, corporate, securities and tax law. Michael also counsels and advises Boards of Directors, corporate officers, venture funds, personal trusts and individual investors on various legal and business issues.
Working with both mature and emerging-growth clients, Michael brings extensive experience in private placements and public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and technology and software licensing. He also advises clients regarding corporate governance, securities law issues, compensation and regulatory issues.
Michael brings a unique global business perspective to his practice, grounded in his training as a CPA prior to earning his law degree. During his time as a CPA, he worked in finance and compliance areas for an international technology company, spending a portion of his time living and working in Europe. He also worked in one of the largest international accounting firms in the audit and tax groups.
Michael continues to hold his professional certification as a Certified Public Accountant in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Represented a software as a service company in the sale of its shares to a publicly-traded buyer.
- Represented a systems integrator and software company in the sale of its shares to a publicly-traded buyer.
- Represented a Fortune 50 company in several acquisitions of target companies in the life science industry.
- Represented a developer and manufacturer of an electrolyzed water system in the sale of its assets to a publicly-traded buyer.
- Represented several technology companies in their initial and secondary public offerings of securities.
- Represented a U.S. technology company in its initial public offering of securities on the AIM market.
- Assisted several publicly-traded companies in all aspects of public company compliance reporting, including preparing periodic reports and proxy statements.
- Represented several early-stage and emerging businesses in connection with equity and debt financings from institutional and individual investors.
- Represented several life science companies in connection with joint ventures and licensing, manufacturing and distribution arrangements.
- Provided publicly-held and privately-held entities with guidance and assistance with the development and implementation of equity incentive plans.
- Represented several C-level executives in connection with their employment agreements and compensation packages.
- Serves as a Trustee for trusts established by high net worth individuals.