Complex acquisitions, dispositions and financings, as well as development and permitting in and around Boston, are the focus of Michael Flannery's diverse real estate practice. As an Associate in the Firm’s Real Estate group, Michael represents real estate investors, owners and developers in connection with developing, buying, selling and financing office and multi-family properties in Massachusetts and throughout the United States. Michael is also a member of Goulston & Storrs's Pro Bono Committee.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael served as a legal intern for the Massachusetts Law Reform Institute. In law school he served as an outside articles editor for the Harvard Civil Rights-Civil Liberties Law Review and as a student attorney at the Legal Services Center in Jamaica Plain.
- Representation of CrossHarbor Capital Partners LLC in connection with its acquisition and subsequent operation of the Spanish Peaks and Moonlight Basin Resorts in Montana.
- Representation of a Boston-based developer in all aspects of permitting a ground-up, mixed use residential condominium development in Boston, including assembling and financing the project site and securing Large Project Review approval from the Boston Redevelopment Authority.
- Representation of a national developer in creating a complex, tiered condominium structure for a large multi-family development in the Boston suburbs consisting of both ownership and rental housing.
- Pro-bono representation of Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation in connection with a scattered-site affordable housing development in Dorchester, including securing zoning relief and pre-development financing.
- Representation of a Boston-based developer in connection with permitting a mixed-use, air-rights development above the Central Artery tunnel, including drafting leasehold commercial condominium documents.
- Representation of a national real estate investor in securing acquisition financing for a large office and laboratory building in Cambridge, MA.
- Representation of an affordable housing investor in the acquisition of a large elderly housing development in southeastern Massachusetts.
- Advising a national developer on land use issues in connection with the redevelopment of a flagship office property in Massachusetts to accommodate the expansion of a major tenant.
- Representation of a nationally-recognized firm in connection with its investment in a ground-up, mixed-use development in Boston’s Seaport District, with a focus on resolving complex title issues.
- Representation of a bank in disposing of a multi-million dollar loan portfolio secured by properties throughout the United States.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Pro-bono representation of Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation in all aspects of its mixed use Quincy Commons development in the Roxbury section of Boston.