Investors, owners and developers of commercial real estate and major commercial real estate secured and unsecured debt and equity financing sources turn to Michael Haroz for legal representation. The financing representation includes complex construction and permanent financings, multi-state and portfolio transactions, mezzanine, syndications, convertible debt instruments and conduit financing related to all property types - regional shopping centers, office, hotels, residential and industrial. He represents project developers in connection with entity formation, land acquisition, title issues, permits, leasing, construction and permanent loans, architectural and construction arrangements, and hazardous waste issues. Michael also has extensive experience in representing lenders in loan workouts, restructures and enforcement.
- Represented major developer entity in a joint ventured, 1 million square foot mixed use retail, office residential development in the Montgomery Country area outside of Washington, D.C. involving complex REA, ground lease and commercial condominium issues.
- Represented major commercial bank in the making of a $120 million construction loan for a build-to-suit project involving a permanent take-out purchase agreement and tri-party agreements.
- Represented developer of Boston Convention Center Hotel with respect to the development of a 800-room major hotel on publicly ground lease premises adjoining the new Boston Convention Center including acting as the lead counsel in representing the developer to obtain $120 million in first mortgage construction financing.
- Represented major commercial bank in construction loan financing for a $100 million development of a luxury, mixed use condominium project in Florida.
- Represented major real estate foreign investor group in acquisition of a joint venture interest in a $140 million luxury condominium development in Atlanta, Georgia.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL)
- International Senior Lawyers Project volunteer serving in Croatia (2003), Czech Republic (2006 and 2008) and Myanmar (2013)
- Former Trustee, Concord Academy, Concord, MA
- Former Board Member, Roxbury Youthworks, Inc.
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006-2017
- Chambers USA, "America's Leading Business Lawyers", 2003-2011
- The International Who’s Who of Real Estate Lawyers, 2004