Commercial real estate acquisition and financing, development and leasing have been the focus of Michael Moran's practice for more than 25 years. Over the last 15 years, Michael has concentrated on office and retail lease transactions, representing both landlords and tenants. He currently represents Beacon Capital Partners and Normandy Real Estate Partners in their Boston area leasing operations. Michael is a Director at the firm.
- Representation of Shire Human Genetic Therapies, Inc. in connection with the development and acquisition of the 95 acre Lexington Technology Park in Lexington, Massachusetts, including negotiation of two space leases, two reverse build-to-suit leases for new facilities, an option agreement giving Shire control of the site and rights of first offer to lease or purchase, the acquisition of a parcel in the park on which Shire constructed a new biotech manufacturing facility, and all related architectural services and construction contracts for the design and construction of such facilities.
- Major office lease transactions, representing both tenants and landlords, in downtown and suburban buildings.
- Retail leasing for regional malls, strip centers, power centers and stand-alone locations, including ground leases.
- National retailer roll-outs.
- Antenna site leasing for new development of regional wireless communication system.
- Leasing, acquisition, permitting, and development of biotech laboratory and office facilities. Michael currently represents Shire Pharmaceuticals in their Boston area real estate transactions.
- Airport retail concession leasing.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Former Member, Corenet Global New England, Board of Directors
- Former Instructor, Boston University Center for Professional Education
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Best Lawyers in America, 2017
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2007-2011
- Corenet Legal Service Provider of the Year, 2008