Retail development is the center of Nancy Davids' real estate practice. Nancy represents retail landlords and tenants in enclosed mall, lifestyle and mixed use projects. She also represents developers of office and retail projects in connection with zoning and land use issues. Nancy is a Director and the co-Chair of the Goulston & Storrs Retail, Restaurant & Consumer industry group.
- Represented landlords in outlet center projects.
- Represented landlords in several long-term ground leases to tenants such as Lowes, Home Depot and Target, and negotiation of operation and easement agreements.
- Represented developers in the sale of property to anchor tenants in community shopping centers.
- Represented various landlords in negotiation of big box leases, including Marshalls, Best Buy, Barnes & Noble and Staples.
- Represented major retail tenant occupying in-line space in enclosed regional malls “rolling-out” over 300 locations.
- Developed form lease for big box retail tenant and represented big box retail tenant in the negotiation of tenant’s form in national expansion program.
- Represented national big box tenant in deals across the country.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Member, US Law Conference Program Committee, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Board Member, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
- Just-A-Start Corporation – multiple affordable housing projects in Cambridge, MA
- Various committee involvement in Wellesley Public Schools
- CLE International
- New England Women in Real Estate
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Women’s Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Champion for Change, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, 2014
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Top Women Lawyers, Real Estate, Martindale Hubbell, 2011
- 2009 Excellence in Writing Award, "Best Practical Use Article-Real Property", ABA Journal of Probate and Property
- Best Lawyers in America, 2015-2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2015
- "Stress-Free Construction: Work Letters That Really Work," ICSC Law Conference, October 2014
- "The Contract: Acquisition, Development, Construction and Other Agreements," University of Shopping Centers, March 2012, 2013
- "Breaking Up is Hard to Do: Lease Exit Strategies for Landlords and Tenants," ICSC Law Conference, October 2009
- “CAM Costs - How to Negotiate Them,” ICSC Law Conference, October 2008, 2006
- “Resolving Issues Particular in Retail Leases,” CLE International, August 2007
- Program Co-Chair - Boston Leasing Symposium, ICSC, February 2007
- “Negotiating CAM Costs,” ICSC Law Conference, October 2005
- “Resolving Issues - Retail Leases,” CLE International, May 2006
- “Negotiating Leases, the Real State of the Market,” CLE International, May 2005
- “Who Controls the Use?,” Boston Leasing Symposium, ICSC, July 2004
- "Anatomy of a Lease," Part III, ICSC Law Conference, October 1997