The development, acquisition, leasing and disposition of commercial real estate properties and other large projects throughout the United States is at the core of Peter Corbett's law practice. Peter also counsels clients in connection with the structuring of complex real estate joint ventures, as well as property and asset management. His practice also includes structuring public and private development relationships, obtaining tax incentives and public financing for development projects, and projects in the energy and hospitality areas. In addition, Peter has extensive experience in the transportation field, and in the acquisition and development of projects along the coastline, including resorts, marinas, yacht clubs and boatyards.
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies, Inc.-- Permitting and incentives for bio-pharmaceutical research and manufacturing campus.
- Nantucket Island Resorts -- Acquisition and ongoing operation of numerous hotel, restaurant, marina and retail properties on the island of Nantucket, MA.
- Samuels & Associates -- Structuring complex joint ventures and forward equity takeouts for urban mixed use projects.
- Schlumberger -- World research headquarters, Cambridge, MA -- Permitting and structuring.
- Utility and power generating companies, including National Grid, Exelon, Boston Generating and NRG -- Real estate, permitting and incentives.
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority and MassDOT -- Various railroad matters, including negotiation of Definitive Agreements, Trackage Rights Agreements, Operating Agreements and similar documents with CSX, State of Rhode Island Department of Transportation, Pan Am Railways and other parties.
- New England Development -- Representation in connection with numerous retail and mixed-use developments, joint ventures and regional malls, in New England and across the country.
- Various resort communities -- Declarations, restrictions, and similar structuring.
- Hyatt Hotels – Sale of the Hyatt Regency Boston
- Fairmont Hotels & Resorts – Sale of the Fairmont Copley Plaza, Boston
- Boston Redevelopment Authority -- Boston Convention and Exhibition Center, site acquisition and preparation.
- Numerous clients – Negotiation and drafting of power purchase agreements, energy supply agreements, solar leases, energy-savings sharing agreements, electric power supply agreements, natural gas supply agreements and steam supply agreements for renewable, CHP and conventional electric power, natural gas, steam, and heated water.
- Numerous clients -- Representation in connection with a variety of public incentive benefits, including tax increment financing, district improvement financing, 121A tax agreements, PILOTS, special taxing districts and other programs.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Urban Land Institute -- Council Member, Commercial and Retail Development Council
- NAIOP -- Public Affairs Committee Member
- Massachusetts Alliance for Economic Development, Board of Directors (2002-2007)
- Real Estate Roundtable, Member, Research Committee (2000-2005)
- Massachusetts Biotechnology Facilities Regulatory Improvements Committee (2003-2004)
- Pro Bono work for Jewish Funds for Justice, Boston Area Rape Crisis Center, ROCA, Massachusetts Housing and Shelter Alliance, ACLU Foundation of Massachusetts, Nuestra Communidad and Community Resources for Justice
- Boston Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyer, 2004 - 2005, 2008 - 2013, 2016
- Martindale Hubbell Peer-Review Rated AV Preeminent TM