REITs, real estate development companies, financial institutions, hospitals, medical groups, educational institutions, retailers, telecommunications companies turn to Raymond Kwasnick for legal advice. In his broad-ranging real estate law practice, Ray represents clients in leasing, construction and design, financing, acquisitions and sales, real estate loan workouts, and the management of commercial, residential and hotel properties. Chambers USA reports that Ray is “one of the leading leasing lawyers in the city. He is spectacular in negotiations, his knowledge is great."
- The leasing of 357,000 square feet of office space to Biogen Idec at Weston Corporate Center, Weston, Ma for Boston Properties.
- The leasing of 400,000 square feet of office space to Wellington Management Company at Atlantic Wharf, Boston, Ma for Boston Properties.
- The leasing of 440,000 square feet of office space at the Prudential Tower, Boston, MA to Ropes & Gray.
- The leasing of 160,000 square feet of medical, administrative and educational facilities at 833 Chestnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania from Digital Realty Trust to Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson University Physicians.
- Purchase and leasing of 500,000 square foot research and laboratory facility for Partners Healthcare Systems at Charles River Plaza, Boston, MA.
- The leasing and construction, on behalf of Cytyc Corporation, of its 175,000 square foot corporate headquarters at The Campus in Marlborough, MA, as well as manufacturing facilities in Costa Rica.
- The sale of the office buildings located at One and Two Heritage Drive, Quincy, MA, for State Street Realty.
- The leasing of research and laboratory facilities at the Center for Life Sciences, Boston, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (300,000 square feet), Children’s Hospital (100,000 square feet), and Dana Farber Cancer Institute (50,000 square feet).
- The leasing of 550,000 square feet of office space at Atlantic Wharf for Boston Properties.
- The relocation of Schlumberger Oil’s research and lab facilities to a 183,000 square foot development in Kendall Square, Cambridge, MA.
- Purchase of medical office and laboratory facilities by Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates at 133 Brookline Avenue, Boston, MA.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board of Governors of Combined Jewish Philanthropies, 2006-Present
- Board of Directors of Volunteers Lawyers Project, 2006-Present
- Solicitor for the Lawyers Team, Combined Jewish Philanthropies, 1985-Present
- International Association of Attorneys and Executives in Corporate Real Estate
- The Abstract Club
- Recognized by Combined Jewish Philanthropies in February, 2005 for fundraising efforts as an “MVP”
- Boston Bar Association, Member, Real Estate Steering Committee: 1989-2005
- Boston Bar Association, Chairman, Real Estate Section: 1997-1999
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- “America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA 2003-2016
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2016
- Best Lawyers in America 2006, 2008 and 2011-2017
- Speaker, “Commercial Real Estate Leases: Practical Information on Negotiating and Enforcing Commercial Leases,” Law Seminars International conference, November 2006
- Greater Boston Real Estate Board, Commercial Brokers Association, January 2011