Complex real estate financing and leasing transactions, as well as major development and equity deals, are the focus of Bob Bressman’s practice. Chambers USA reports that Bob is “outstanding” and notes his leasing and financing work for major international banks.
Bob joined Goulston & Storrs in 2013 from an Am Law 100 firm in New York. Prior, he served as co-head of the global real estate practice at a top 20 Am Law 100 firm.
Bob is a frequent lecturer and publisher on topics in real estate law. He is the co-author of the course book, Understanding and Negotiating Facilities Leases, which he wrote in conjunction with his participation at a leasing seminar sponsored by the Global Conference Network.
- Representation of national insurance companies and financial institutions in negotiating, documenting and closing acquisition, construction and permanent financing.
- Representation of investment banks and other financial institutions with respect to mezzanine financing and preferred equity transactions.
- Representation of institutional owners in development of Class A office buildings, including acquisition, financing, and leasing.
- Representation of private equity funds and pension fund advisors in development of Class A hotels, offices and condominiums in New York City and nationally.
- Representation of private and public companies in development of Class A office buildings in New York City, Washington, D.C., and nationally.
- Representation of landlords in leasing of more than eight million square feet in New York City.
- Representation of institutional users with respect to leasing of major corporate headquarters in New York City and nationally.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Real Property Section and Commercial Leasing Committee, New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- Real Estate Board of New York
- Association of Foreign Investors
- Board of Directors, Macabai USA
Awards and Recognition
- "America’s Leading Business Lawyers,” Chambers USA
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2007-2015
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM
- Lecturer, New York State Bar Association, New York City Bar Association, Real Estate Board of New York, Global Conference Network and New York Law School
- "Contract Negotiations: How is This Year Different from Last Year?” Moderator, Practising Law Institute, Negotiating the Sophisticated Real Estate Deal 2010, April 2010
- “Nuts & Bolts of Commercial Leases: Drafting and Negotiation,” Moderator, New York City Bar Association, 16 Hour Bridge - The Gap, November 2006