Stephen Schweiger is a Director in the Firm's Real Estate Group. He represents financial institutions in connection with construction, mezzanine and permanent financing projects and credit enhancement for the issuance of taxable and tax exempt bonds. Much of his work involves the representation of the agent in projects with multiple lenders and multiple tiers of financing. Steve's expertise in the complexities of the New York lien law has been invaluable in helping clients structure and restructure New York construction loans. Steve is also experienced in the workout and resolution of problem loans on a national, local, and regional level, as well as commercial real estate conveyancing and leasing transactions.
Steve serves as co-chair of the firm’s Real Estate Capital Markets/Debt group along with Directors Adam Curry and James Lerner.
For the benefit of firm clients based in New Jersey, Steve spends time in offices in that state as well to best meet their local needs.
- Represented the agent and issuer of a $125 million letter of credit facility in connection with the issuance of taxable and tax exempt series Housing Revenue Bonds by the New York State Housing Finance Agency for the construction of a mixed use rental facility in New York City.
- Represented the lender in the ongoing resolution of a $385 million acquisition and construction loan in connection with a luxury condominium project in Manhattan financed with multiple tiers of debt.
- Represented the agent and the lenders in connection with a $260 million loan for the construction of a residential rental project in Manhattan.
- Represented the agent in the ongoing restructure of a $120 million, multi-tiered debt facility involving the development of a luxury residential condominium project in Washington, D.C.
- Represented a co-lender in the workout and foreclosure of a $135 million acquisition and building loan facility secured by a hotel development in Manhattan and subject to a permanent takeout.
- Represented the developer in the purchase, finance, and leasing of a $30 million retail center in New Jersey.
- Represented the lender in a $60 million construction loan for the conversion of a residential rental building to office use in Hollywood, California.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Real Estate Division