Portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, joint venture structuring, complex financings, mezzanine and participating debt transactions and distressed debt workout and sales are at the heart of Zev Gewurz’s practice. Zev has a broad-based practice representing institutional and private equity lenders, foreign and US-based investors, as well as owners and developers across the United States and abroad. Zev is a Director in our Real Estate Group.
- Representation of Canadian private equity real estate fund and public company on numerous participating JV equity investments and mezzanine loans for condominium and land development projects across the United States.
- Representation of Israeli public company and private equity funds on acquisitions and dispositions of office and multifamily property and related joint venture and financing structure.
- Representation of US opportunity fund in joint venture with Israeli private equity fund to acquire and restructure multifamily portfolio out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of several Borrowers in Discounted Payoff Agreements with Special Servicers as part of CMBS loan workout of retail projects in New England.
- Representation of several start-up funds on fund formation and subsequent acquisition and financing of multifamily property.
- Representation of leading New England real estate developer in the development and financing of a one million square foot mixed-use urban project including apartments, ground floor retail space and lower level parking.
- Representation of retail shopping center developer in the acquisition, financing and sale of a portfolio of 36 shopping centers across New England.
- Representation of numerous institutional owners, REITs and private equity real estate funds in the acquisition and disposition of Class A office, industrial and multifamily properties across the United States.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate (AFIRE)
- Real Estate Committee Chairman and Executive Board Member, New England Israel Business Counsel
- Real Estate Finance Association (Education Committee)
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Boston Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005 - 2008, 2011
- Panel Chair, “Mezzanine Lending in Residential For-Sale Developments,” IMN Borrower’s and Investors Forum on Real Estate Mezzanine Loans Conference, New York City, November, 2006
- Panel Presentation, “Current Trends in Intercreditor Agreements,” Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts, Fall Conference, 2007