Complex financings, joint venture structuring, mezzanine and participating debt transactions and distressed debt workout and sales, portfolio acquisitions and dispositions, involving all types of real estate are at the heart of Zev Gewurz’s practice. Zev has a broad-based practice representing institutional and private equity lenders, foreign and US-based investors, as well as owners and developers across the United States and abroad. Zev is a Director in our Real Estate Group.
- Representation of Canadian private equity real estate fund on numerous participating mezzanine loans for condominium and land developers across the United States.
- Representation of Israeli public company and private equity funds on acquisitions and dispositions of office and multifamily property and related joint venture and financing structure.
- Representation of US opportunity fund in joint venture with Israeli private equity fund to acquire and restructure multifamily portfolio out of bankruptcy.
- Representation of several Borrowers in Discounted Payoff Agreements with Special Servicers as part of CMBS loan workout of retail projects in New England.
- Representation of several start-up funds on fund formation and subsequent acquisition and financing of multifamily property.
- Representation of leading New England real estate developer in the development and financing of a one million square foot mixed-use urban project including apartments, ground floor retail space and lower level parking.
- Representation of retail shopping center developer in the acquisition, financing and sale of a portfolio of 36 shopping centers across New England.
- Representation of numerous institutional owners, REITs and private equity real estate funds in the acquisition and disposition of Class A office, industrial and multifamily properties across the United States.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Real Estate Finance Association (Education Committee)
- Association of Foreign Investors in Real Estate (AFIRE)
- Real Estate Committee Chairman and Executive Board Member, New England Israel Business Counsel
- Urban Land Institute (ULI)
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Boston Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
Awards and Recognition
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2005 - 2008, 2011
- Panel Chair, “Mezzanine Lending in Residential For-Sale Developments,” IMN Borrower’s and Investors Forum on Real Estate Mezzanine Loans Conference, New York City, November, 2006
- Panel Presentation, “Current Trends in Intercreditor Agreements,” Real Estate Bar Association of Massachusetts, Fall Conference, 2007