Our lawyers are leaders in middle-market M&A market term knowledge. We have an understanding and appreciation for buyer issues and concerns in M&A deals. Our M&A group counsels companies regarding the structuring, financing, negotiation and implementation of their strategic alliances, mergers, acquisitions and dispositions in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
In addition to corporate acquisitions and dispositions for investors, our lawyers regularly handle M&A transactions for closely-held businesses, family funds, operating companies, and management teams. Our transaction work is split evenly between buy-side and sell-side.
We know the importance of drafting and negotiating documents that are reasonable, taking into account the client’s objectives, and of knowing what is “market.” For middle market M&A, the principal source of information about market terms is the ABA’s M&A market trends study series. Goulston & Storrs is part of the ABA’s working group that publishes these studies, and we regularly publish articles on M&A market trends. More information is available at http://www.goulstonstorrs.com/WhatsMarket.
- Boston Culinary Group
- Castanea Partners
- CRG Partners Group
- Spirent Communications
- The Mustang Group
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Representation of CRG Partners Group, a financial restructuring and turnaround management firm, in the successful sale of substantially all of its assets to Deloitte Financial Advisory Services LLP.
- Representation of Boston Culinary Group, a leading provider of food and beverage concessions services, in its merger with Centerplate, Inc., a Kohlberg & Co., portfolio company.
- Representation of Castanea Partners in several private equity acquisitions and dispositions, including Integrity Interactive, Betsey Johnson, Fuze, Decision Resources and Hanna Andersson.
- Representation of Spirent Communications, a London-based global telecom company (London Stock Exchange and NASDAQ-traded) in its phased disposition of 13 separate companies in the US and Europe, and in its acquisitions of various businesses in the US, Europe and Latin America.
- Outside general corporate, securities and M&A counsel to Sohu.com, a leading Chinese online media, communications, search, online games, and mobile value-added services company (NASDAQ-traded). Representation has included assistance with strategic acquisitions of several companies within China with complementary technologies and business.
- M&A, technology licensing and US securities matters for a bioinformatics company that was publicly-traded in both Europe and the US.
- Representation of Zcorp, a leading manufacturer of 3D printers, in its cross-border acquisition by Contex Scanning Technologies.
- Representation of Boston Culinary Group in its general corporate, merger and acquisition, and strategic transactions.
- Representation of eLong, a leading Chinese online travel company (NASDAQ-traded) in connection with Expedia, Inc’s purchase of controlling interests and in eLong’s M&A activities within China.