The Goulston & Storrs Intellectual Property group uses an interdisciplinary practice drawing upon the expertise of lawyers in our business and litigation groups. Our business lawyers focus on the identification and protection of our clients’ intangible assets and assist our clients in structuring, negotiating and documenting transactions involving those valuable assets. Our litigators focus on enforcing and defending our clients’ intellectual property rights. Frequently, we blend the skills and experience of both business lawyers and litigators to achieve our clients’ objectives with regard to protection, exploitation and dispute resolution. We also call upon experienced paralegals to deliver cost-effective service to our clients. Goulston & Storrs provides intellectual property advice to individual entrepreneurs, investors and lenders, small businesses, established and emerging companies, private and public companies and non-profit organizations. These clients cover a wide range of industries, including healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, retail, real estate, banking, venture capital, private equity, consulting and computer technology.
Our intellectual property practice covers the following areas:
- Trademarks and Domain Names
- Intellectual Property Strategies
- Patents and Trade Secrets
- Transfers and Licensing
- Litigation and Arbitration
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Devised strategy and agreements for protecting intellectual property in medical device used in eye surgery for distribution in the U.S., Europe and East Asia.
- Advised foundation engaged in supporting cancer research and education concerning strategy to protect works of authorship, scientific inventions, presentations, trademarks, web content and other forms of intellectual property.
- Developed and drafted an intellectual property policy for scientific research grants made by a foundation.
- Developed strategy and forms to control rights to copyrightable works generated through speaking and consulting engagements and participation in an educational consortium.
- Advised non-profit advocacy group concerning strategy for protection of works of authorship, trademarks, web content and other intellectual property.
- Developed strategies and forms for licensing a certification mark for use with a variety of commodities and composite products.
- Advised wholesaler of picture frames and related products concerning use of copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and design patents to protect product designs from infringement.