Intellectual Property Strategies
|The Goulston & Storrs Intellectual Property Strategies group helps clients craft and implement cost-effective intellectual property strategies. We help clients identify valuable intellectual property of their own or of others, acquire and protect such intellectual property, periodically audit their own intellectual property portfolios and exploit the value of their intellectual property. In doing so, we strive to balance the level of investment in intellectual property assets with the return on that investment and we work with our clients to develop realistic, practical budgets for these efforts.|
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Devised strategy and agreements for protecting intellectual property in medical device used in eye surgery for distribution in the US, Europe and East Asia.
- Advised foundation engaged in supporting cancer research and education concerning strategy to protect works of authorship, scientific inventions, presentations, trademarks, web content and other forms of intellectual property.
- Developed and drafted an intellectual property policy for scientific research grants made by a foundation.
- Developed strategy and forms to control rights to copyrightable works generated through speaking and consulting engagements and participation in an educational consortium.
- Advised non-profit advocacy group concerning strategy for protection of works of authorship, trademarks, web content and other intellectual property.
- Developed strategies and forms for licensing a certification mark for use with a variety of commodities and composite products.
- Advised wholesaler of picture frames and related products concerning use of copyrights, trademarks, trade dress and design patents to protect product designs from infringement.