Trademarks & Domain Names
|Trademarks and domain names are the primary means by which clients achieve recognition in the marketplace for their goods and services. Our lawyers assist clients with all aspects of branding, ranging from adopting new trademarks and domain names, to policing the marketplace, to resolving conflicts between brand owners, to exploiting the brand. We currently manage US and international trademark portfolios for over 250 clients.|
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Negotiated cross-licensing terms for allocation of trademark rights between publishing company and purchaser of a division of the company.
- Represent US non-profit organization in licensing of its trademarks and business model to foreign affiliates engaged in educating entrepreneurs in emerging markets.
- Negotiated naming rights deals at various music venues for national retailer of consumer electronics.
- Represented several trademark owners in arbitration proceedings under the Uniform Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP) against registrants of domain names that were confusingly similar to the trademarks.
- Advised liquidation company in acquisition and disposition of branded/licensed merchandise from bankrupt entities.
- Represent non-profit fair trade organization in preparation of form certification mark license agreements and negotiation of such agreements with companies such as Starbucks, Ben & Jerry’s, Coca-Cola, Whole Foods and Dole.
- Negotiated a concurrent trademark use settlement agreement on behalf of a regional banking and financial services company.