The Goulston & Storrs Construction Litigation group is well-recognized in the construction industry for its diverse group of clients and effective approach to dispute resolution, catastrophic event investigation, insurance coverage analysis and litigation. Complemented by the firm’s Real Estate Construction team’s transactional skills, our attorneys have in depth experience dealing with a wide range of matters and bring to the task a diverse array of technical and legal skills.
Our Construction Litigation group counsels both public and private owners, design professionals, large and medium sized contractors and industry suppliers. These clients include public transportation authorities, shopping center developers and owners, large commercial and office building developers and owners, tenants, and regional, local and national-scale contractors.
Goulston & Storrs provides a full range of services to clients related to construction dispute resolution, with special emphasis on early intervention to contain and manage disputes before they develop into costly arbitration or litigation. If litigation is unavoidable, Goulston & Storrs is prepared to prosecute claims and maintain defenses in an aggressive manner using claim investigation, document control, working with specialized industry experts and technological aids with maximum effectiveness.
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Represented the owners of one of Boston’s largest buildings in a defense against claims of a curtainwall subcontractor and its surety. This extensive litigation required sophisticated document control and scheduling analysis and included multiple parties, nation-wide depositions, multiple experts over 100-plus days of trial.
- Represented major urban hospital in claim defense against a drywall and millwork subcontractor culminating in a multi-party mediation.
- Represented major urban medical center in defense of HVAC equipment supplier claims involving engineering and performance of air handling equipment.
- Represented major rehabilitation hospital in defense of technically complex caisson and slurry wall subcontractor claims as well as masonry contractor claims.
- Represented large developer in multiple building system failure claims. Sample matters include multiple party claims, investigation and litigation of switchgear fire, condenser water pipe flooding and bus duct damage.
- Participation in fire litigation of large textile manufacturer and collaboration with large team of damage consultants on third party damage claims utilizing document control and industry experts.
- Represented college in architectural practices claim regarding on-campus multiple building construction project.
- Represented large pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in construction defect claim involving polymer technology wainscoting and drywall failure.
- Represented college in the pursuit of surety bond claims in the resolution of general contractor insolvency.
- Represented condominium developers in defense of building defect and other unit owner claims.