Goulston & Storrs’ Public Law & Policy Group is an interdisciplinary team of creative, experienced lawyers, many of whom have previously served in government, who provide both public and private sector clients with legal and strategic advice on complex public/private projects and initiatives.
The Public Law and Policy Group seeks opportunities to work with public agencies and authorities, as well as with private sector entities pursuing initiatives or business plans that require interaction with the public sector. We offer private sector leaders and government officials the judgment, counseling and strategic advice that come from many years of experience working on high level and complex public projects. We also offer clients superb access to government decision makers and useful insights into how to successfully compete for public sector driven opportunities.
We advise and assist a range of public entities in project development, project implementation, and dispute resolution matters. We also represent private sector clients in permitting and regulatory compliance matters. Specific examples are set forth below.
- Allied Energy Systems
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Central Artery/Tunnel Project, Boston
- Fishermen's Marine Park Development Group
- Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
- Massachusetts Convention Center Authority
- Massachusetts Turnpike Authority
- Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy
- Partners Health Care
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Advise Rose Kennedy Greenway Conservancy on potential public and private financing mechanisms for park maintenance and operations.
- Ongoing general counseling services to the MBTA in connection with its commuter rail operation, and advice on the acquisition of certain privately owned Massachusetts rail lines.
- Representation of Partners Health Care in successful effort to persuade Attorney General to refuse certification of proposed ballot question repealing Stem Cell research bill that became law in 2005.
- Massachusetts counsel for an international energy company, AES (Allied Energy Systems), seeking to develop an LNG storage and transfer facility in the Boston Harbor Islands.
- Strategic advice and counseling to Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts and Partners Health Care regarding various issues related to Massachusetts health care reform.
- Strategic advice and counseling to Liberty Mutual regarding proposed Phase 3 of the Silver Line and preparation of their formal response to the draft Environmental Impact Statement.
- Preparation of final contract between Massachusetts Turnpike Authority and Transcore the entity providing the MassPike with its Electronic Toll Collection System.
- Ongoing advice and counseling to Massachusetts Convention Center Authority on matters regarding the new Convention Center and the Hynes Convention Center.