|The Goulston & Storrs Condominium group has extensive experience in all aspects of condominium development, financing, permitting and sales and acquisitions. Our attorneys represent a broad array of national clients on projects ranging from small, two- to 10-unit condominium conversions to complex, multi-use high-rise condominium developments. We assist clients in acquiring, permitting and financing condominium projects, working with clients to create the most effective condominium structure for these projects. We have particular experience with complex arrangements including tiered (i.e., condominiums that are units of larger condominiums), phased and mixed-use and commercial condominiums. After condominiums are created, we counsel clients on all aspects of the purchase and sale of individual units. We also counsel clients on a wide range of operational issues, including insurance requirements, maintenance and improvements, liability and management issues.|
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Representation of Federal Realty Investment Trust in connection with creating the complex ownership structure for Assembly Row in Somerville MA. This mixed-use property is made up of multiple parcels and is entitled for up to 2,100 residential units, 1.75 M sq. ft. of commercial space, 512,000 sq. ft. of retail, restaurant and cinema space and a 200 room hotel. In addition, Goulston & Storrs provided counsel in connection with structuring a series of transactions with AvalonBay for AvalonBay to develop the first two parcels. Both will include both ground floor retail space and residential rental units above. This project also included Brownfields redevelopment, a new MBTA rail station, condominium ownership structuring, improvements to state owned parks, REIT tax and other compliance issues and retail leasing.
- Represented the developer of the Mandarin Oriental Boston Condominium, and a high-rise condominium and mixed-use project at Boston’s Prudential Center containing the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, the Mandarin Oriental Residences, the Mandarin Oriental Apartments and a retail component.
- Represented Fenway Ventures in the acquisition, development and financing (debt and equity) of the $200,000,000 “Trilogy” mixed-use development adjacent to Fenway Park in Boston, Massachusetts.
- Represented developers of vacation properties in Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket, MA in structuring “condo-hotels”.
- Represented the developer of Atelier|505, a luxury mixed-use condominium in Boston’s South End.
- Represented the developer of 400 condominium units at Clippership Wharf, East Boston and a large, mixed-use condominium, hotel and retail project on Massachusetts Turnpike air rights.
- Represented the developer in the redevelopment of the Burrage Mansion on Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, as a luxury condominium, and 156 Porter Street, East Boston as a 220-unit condominium building.
- Represented the developer of the Phillips School Condominium and Phillips Row Townhouses in Washington, DC.
Additional Projects Include
- 360 Newbury Street (Virgin Records Building), Boston
- The Strada, Boston
- Residential Condominium at Expanded Natick Mall (General Growth)
- 25-27 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston
- St. Aidens, Brookline
- Rollins Square, South End
- 700 Harrison, Boston
- West End Place, Boston
- Heritage on the Garden, Boston
- Mill Pond Village, Yarmouth
- 700 Main Street, Falmouth
- Haverhill Lofts, Haverhill
- Charles Daniels Condominium, Malden
- Belvidere Condominium, Prudential Center, Boston