|The Goulston & Storrs Construction/Real Estate group represents developers, owners, investors, general contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers. We provide counsel in private and public construction projects, contract negotiation, planning, design, re-design, construction, re-construction, dispute avoidance and dispute resolution. Our clients have included shopping center developers and owners, large commercial and office building developers and owners, public transportation authorities, tenants and national scale as well as regional and local contractors. |
Goulston & Storrs has vast experience in the negotiation of construction contracts on behalf of developers, owners, landlords and tenants. We also provide a full range of services to clients related to construction dispute resolution, with special emphasis on early intervention to contain and manage disputes before they develop into costly arbitration or litigation. If litigation is unavoidable, Goulston & Storrs is prepared to prosecute claims and maintain defenses in an aggressive manner using claim investigation and document control and technological aids with maximum effectiveness.
Representative Projects and Transactions
- General counsel to $500M general construction firm.
- Represented a real estate investment company in negotiating construction and design agreements with respect to a mixed use (office/residential/retail) project in Waltham, MA; a residential condominium project in Boston, and both public and private construction and design contracts for Worcester Renaissance, a major mixed use redevelopment in Worcester, MA.
- Represented a Boston college with construction and design agreements, for the renovation of an existing multi-level building for office and classroom use.
- Represented a real estate developer with construction agreement, including site and base building work, for an 115,000 square foot retail mall and parking garage in Northern New England.
- Represented a real estate developer with core shell, asbestos abatement, and tenant work construction contracts for a Texas mall.
- Represented a large real estate development company in negotiating the construction contract for the base building work for an 800,000 square foot office development located on the Boston waterfront.
- Assisted a country club in negotiating construction contracts for renovations and other projects related to the club’s amenities.
- Represented a real estate investment firm in developing standard agreements for construction contracts for residential condominium projects throughout the US.