Even today, as more and more business is conducted on-line and employees are able to work remotely, real estate remains critical to the success of most businesses. Whether it’s the relocation of a company's headquarters to a more efficient and sustainable space or the acquisition/development of a manufacturing plant, the decisions made with respect to a company’s real estate have a direct and real impact on the bottom line of its business.
As a nationally recognized leader in real estate, the Goulston & Storrs Corporate Real Estate group brings an unparalleled depth and breadth of experience to corporate clients. We help our clients make intelligent real estate decisions by helping them assess both current and future needs. As a result, issues can be adequately dealt with at the onset of the real estate transaction.
The Goulston & Storrs Corporate Real Estate group helps its clients in virtually all areas of corporate real estate matters, including:
- ownership strategies
- acquisitions and dispositions
- leasing and sub-leasing
- economic incentives
- real estate in mergers and acquisitions
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Boston Children’s Hospital-
- Charlesbank Capital Partners
- Citizens Bank
- Convexity Capital
- Fidelity Investments
- Edward M. Kennedy Institute for the U.S. Senate
- Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates
- Highfields Capital Management
- John Hancock
- Liberty Mutual Group
- Loomis Sayles
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- National Grid
- Partners HealthCare Systems, Inc.
- Russell Reynolds
- Schlumberger Technology Corporation
- Scripps Networks
- Shire Human Genetic Therapies, Inc.
- Spectra Energy
Representative Projects and Transactions
- Representation of one of the world's leading commercial banking institutions in the leasing of both corporate-owned and tenant-owned office properties.
- Representation of investment management firms in connection with the leasing of their corporate headquarters in a prominent city office tower.
- Representation of a prominent hospital in connection with the leasing of over 750,000 sq. ft. office, medical office, lab/R&D and other space.
- Representation of a technology company in the acquisition and leasing of its headquarters and lab space.
- Representation of one of the largest investor-owned energy companies in the world in the leasing of its national headquarters within a LEED Platinum building.
- Representation of a leading insurance and financial services company in the leasing of its corporate facilities.
- Representation of a specialty biopharmaceutical company in leasing an office, laboratory and biomedical manufacturing facility campus.
- Representation of a leading natural gas infrastructure company in connection with the re-negotiation of its headquarters lease.
- Representation of a large investment management firm in the leasing of its headquarters.
- Representation of an executive recruiting company in the leasing of its office facilities in the United States and Canada.
- Representation of leading private research university in connection with its acquisition, ground leasing and general leasing matters with regard to various lab/R&D, office and retail properties.
- Representation of a not-for-profit health care system in connection with multiple lab and research facilities, including the purchase and lease of 500,000 sq. ft. research and laboratory facility.
- Representation of major medical institutions in connection with leasing research and laboratory facilities.
- Representation of a major media company in connection with the leasing of spaces throughout the country.
Acquisitions & Dispositions
- Representation of an academic institution in the $500M sale of a 1.2M square foot laboratory and office campus.
- Representation of a leading insurance and financial services company on the $820M sale of its headquarter office and related buildings.
- Representation of a privately-owned investment company in the $62.5M sale of its 715,000 sq. ft. multi-building office complex another major corporation.
- Representation of a multi-specialty medical group practice in the purchase of medical office and laboratory facilities.
- Representation of a leading insurance and financial services company in connection with the $454M purchase of two office properties.
- Representation of a leading Internet-based conglomerate in the development of its iconic world headquarters.
Development & Permitting
- Representation of a specialty biopharmaceutical company in connection with the development and acquisition of a 95 acre technology park, including the negotiation of two space leases, two reverse build-to-suit leases for new facilities, an option agreement giving the company control of the site and rights of first offer to lease or purchase, the acquisition of a parcel in the park on which the company constructed a new biotech manufacturing facility, and all related architectural services and construction contracts for the design and construction of such facilities. Also provided necessary environmental due diligence work related to this project.
- Representation of a Fortune 100 insurance company in connection with the acquisition, permitting and development of three properties in order to construct a 22-story, 600,000 sq. ft. headquarters office tower.
- Represented major medical center in developing a major research building, in addition to major expansions to the hospital’s existing clinical facilities, suburban campuses, a 252,000 square foot office and medical building and the acquisition of development rights for life science centers.
- Representation of an investment company in the development and permitting of its 715,000 sq. ft. multi-building office complex.
- Represented a not-for-profit health care system and a major medical center with the redevelopment of a former jail site into 500,000 square feet of ambulatory care facilities.
- Representation of a leading private research university in connection with the acquisition, leasing and development of over 1.4M square feet of office, laboratory, research and development and retail space.
- Representation of a not-for-profit healthcare system in connection with a ground lease transaction of medical office building.
- Representation of a non-for-profit organization dedicated to non-partisan learning and engagement in connection to the acquisition, development and overall real estate matters involving the organization.