|Timothy B. Bancroft|
Fax: (617) 574-7568
400 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02110-3333
Level 24, Tower 3
China Central Place
77 Jianguo Road
Beijing 100025, China
Securities, public company mergers and acquisitions, venture financing and general counsel representation are among the services that both emerging and established companies look to Timothy Bancroft to provide. His work includes public offerings and private placements as well as representing existing public companies and growing private companies. Tim's clients range from high technology and biotechnology companies to traditional companies making venture investments in technology companies and raising capital in the public markets.
- Representation of Sohu.com Inc. in connection with the sale of the game information portal 17173.com to Sohu’s majority-owned subsidiary Changyou.com Limited.
- US legal counsel and securities counsel to one of China’s top online media, communications, commerce and mobile value-added service companies.
- Issuer's counsel in the IPO on NASDAQ of ChangYou.com Limited, a leading online game developer and operator in China; continue to represent company as US general corporate and securities counsel.
- Organization and venture financing and US representation of China Risk Finance, a company engaging in the credit card business in China.
- Representation of a European self-storage company in its private equity financing.
- Representation of lead investor in a net-leased properties aggregator.
- Representation of private equity investors acquiring the majority interest in a web-based legal compliance company.
- Representation of lead sponsor in the acquisition of a specialty retail company in a going private transaction involving senior debt financing, sub debt financing, real estate lender financing, equity financing and a management roll-over.
- Representation of a US venture capital firm in its initial investment in China in a leading global provider of optical interface modules and subsystems with co-investors in Japan, Europe and the Middle East.
Professional and Community Involvement
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale Hubbell Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent TM