Real estate developers and investors turn to Bill Dillon for counsel on acquisitions, construction, permitting, financing, leasing and management of properties throughout the United States. His areas of expertise include the development of regional shopping centers, lifestyle centers, mixed-use projects, smart-growth developments and urban economic development projects locally, nationally and internationally. Bill sits on the firm’s Executive Committee and has served as the Co-Chair of the Goulston & Storrs Retail, Restaurant & Consumer industry group. Bill is a founding member of the firm's retail blog, Retail Law Advisor.
- Representation of Samuels & Associates in the development of more than one and a half million square feet of new mixed-use development in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston.
- Representation of J.P. Morgan in debt and equity financings for several major mixed-use developments in Boston's Seaport district.
- Representation of Swedish furniture retailer IKEA in connection with its Massachusetts locations.
- Representation of the Druker Company in acquisitions and financings of retail and hotel properties throughout Boston.
- Representation of Harvard University in various ground lease, acquisition and disposition transactions.
- Representation of various foreign investment concerns in the acquisition financing and sale of office and residential properties throughout the US.
- Acquisition and sale of various shopping center portfolios throughout the Northeast.
- Development of Lowe’s Home Improvement Centers throughout New England.
- Redevelopment of historic Dartmouth Hotel in Dudley Square, Roxbury by Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation.
- Representation of developers and lenders in multiple New Markets Tax Credit transactions.
Professional and Community Involvement
- Project Place, a nonprofit agency serving homeless men and women in Boston, Board of Directors
- Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation, a community-based affordable housing and economic development organization based in Roxbury, MA, Member of Development Committee
- Urban Land Institute, Boston Regional Council, Program Oversight Committee
Awards and Recognition
- Chambers USA, "America’s Leading Business Lawyers", 2007-2012