Commercial real estate finance is the focus of Ashley Turner Brown’s practice. As an Associate in the firm’s Real Estate group, Ashley represents financial institutions in both single-lender and multi-lender financing projects, including construction and permanent financing of retail shopping centers, office and industrial parks, and mixed-use development projects. She has experience in all stages of real estate finance, including drafting and review of loan and organizational documents; title, survey and lease review; negotiation of Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements; review and negotiation of Opinions and Consents; and the closing of transactions.
Prior to her work in commercial real estate finance, Ashley counseled financial institution clients in litigation and bankruptcy matters.
Ashley is a member of the Boston, Massachusetts and American Bar Associations, as well as the Women's Bar Association. She received her J.D. from The University of Connecticut School of Law, with honors, and her B.A. from The University of Massachusetts at Amherst, summa cum laude.
- Representation of lender in a $107 million loan involving the acquisition and development of a mixed-use development in the South End of Boston;
- Representation of agent in a $52 million loan involving the redevelopment of a shopping center;
- Representation of lender in a $125 million loan involving the acquisition and development of an office and lab facility.
Professional and Community Involvement
- American Bar Association
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Real Estate Finance Association