Commercial real estate, hospitality and retail matters are at the center of Corey Wilk's practice. Corey has a particular focus in the areas of acquisitions, dispositions, financings and leasing, as well as liquor licensing, hotel managements, and hotel franchise agreements. Chambers USA sources are impressed, stating that Corey is "very articulate, very quick with his work but very accurate and has great expertise in the hotel space and dealing with brands." Corey is a Director with the firm.
- Sale of the historic Sagamore Resort at Lake George, New York.
- Representation of a national retailer in negotiating ground leases for sites in New York and New Jersey for the development of warehouse clubs.
- Coordinated the transfer of existing liquor licenses and applications for new liquor licenses at 13 hotels acquired by Pyramid Hotel Opportunity Venture and located across the country.
- Representation of full-service travel center company in the acquisition and disposition of travel centers and fuel facilities in Arizona, California, Illinois and Texas
- Preparation of hotel management agreements, on behalf of management company, for hotels located in California, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan and Virginia.
- Representation of major hotel owners in negotiating franchise agreements with Marriott, Intercontinental, Hilton and Starwood.
- Acquisition of an office park condominium, including the assumption of $63,000,000 of existing debt, on behalf of a real estate investment trust.
- Acquisition of portfolio of 16 hotels, negotiating purchase agreement, joint venture agreement, financing documents, management agreement and franchise agreements, engaging in complicated title and survey review, and coordinating transfer of existing liquor licenses.
- Representation of national developer with general permitting and environmental matters for a 60,000 square foot planned retail development in Marlborough, Massachusetts.
Professional and Community Involvement
Awards and Recognition
- “Associates to Watch," Chambers USA 2014
- "America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA 2015-2016