George Evans is a real estate attorney who represents owners, operators, developers, lenders, borrowers, landlords, tenants and investors.
He helps clients achieve their objectives in connection with sales, acquisitions, financings, investments and leases involving multifamily, office, and hospitality developments across the United States. In doing so, George negotiates and structures joint ventures for the acquisition or repositioning of properties. He also handles all aspects of drafting, negotiating and filing commercial condominium documents.
George has experience advising publicly traded REITs on securities law matters as well.
- Representation of a developer in connection with negotiating the acquisition, bridge financing, and joint venture agreements for the conversion of an office property in downtown Stamford, CT into a $90M multifamily rental building.
- Representation of a borrower in connection with the $270M acquisition of a ground lease, as well as the $245M financing for an office building in midtown Manhattan.
- Representation of a purchaser in connection with the conversion of a midtown Manhattan hotel into a commercial condominium for hotel, timeshare and food and beverage use to facilitate a $160M acquisition by a national timeshare operator. Drafted and negotiated Declaration of Condominium.
- Representation of a developer in connection with a joint venture agreement to acquire a $100M condominium in Manhattan’s Gramercy neighborhood.
- Representation of the seller of a 56 unit multifamily rental property in Manhattan’s Gramercy neighborhood at the purchase price of $55.5M.
- Representation of an institutional investor in a joint venture to acquire and finance a 286 unit multifamily rental property in Washington State for $37.6M.
- Representation of a developer in negotiation of $43M construction loan for condominium conversion in Brooklyn Heights.
- Representation of a landlord in formation of commercial condominium of a major NY office building adjacent to Bryant Park.
- Representation of a national developer in acquisition of and negotiation of easements for a $200M multifamily development in Emeryville, CA.
Professional and Community Involvement
- New York City Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute, member of New York Housing Council