Jason Dunn is a Director in the Firm's Real Estate group and has a wide-ranging practice that encompasses all aspects of commercial real estate, with a focus on representing domestic and foreign institutional clients in equity and debt investments in North American real estate and infrastructure through funds, joint ventures, and REITs. Through his representation of tax-exempt and foreign investors, Jason has experience with tax and ERISA transaction structures. Other aspects of Jason’s commercial real estate practice include acquisitions and dispositions, occupancy and ground leases, sale-leasebacks, development and financing. Jason is Co-Chair of the firm's International Investors group.
- Represented a foreign pension fund investor in connection with its joint venture and commingled fund investments in U.S. real estate, including:
- 50% investment in a joint venture to acquire market dominant malls throughout the United States. To-date, the joint venture has invested in centers having a gross asset value in excess of $4 billion.
- Anchor investment in a commingled fund with capital commitments of $500 million to $1 billion that is targeting a value-add investment strategy in real estate assets located in major markets of the United States, with an emphasis on commercial office.
- Represented a U.S. corporate pension fund investor in connection with its direct investments in all sectors of U.S. real estate, including:
- $50 million equity commitment to a $240 million (levered) multi-state retail acquisition program investment with a publicly-traded REIT.
- $30 million equity commitment to a $900 million (levered) acquisition and development program that targets rent-stabilized multi-family residential projects in New York City.
- Represented a real estate joint venture in the formation of a rollup joint venture consisting of approximately 3 million square feet of U.S. retail properties, and the sale of The Mall at Green Hills in Nashville, Tennessee and The Gardens on El Paseo and El Paseo Village in Palm Desert, California to The Taubman Realty Group Limited Partnership for $560 million (consisting of assumed debt, UPREIT partnership units and installment notes).
- Represented a real estate joint venture in the formation of a joint venture to acquire and develop a portfolio of transportation-related cargo and warehouse distribution facilities at or near major airports throughout the U.S. The joint venture currently holds a portfolio of over 35 properties totaling over 10 million square feet.
- Represented a private secondary school in connection with the sale and partial lease-back of its campus in Northfield, Massachusetts (approximately 225 acres and 450,000 square feet of building area).
- Represented a golf course development company in connection with its development of the Liberty National Golf Club in Jersey City, NJ, including: land acquisition (assembly of parcels through contract with local redevelopment agency); joint venture with local developer; NJ brownfield redevelopment program; golf course membership documents; and JV recapitalization.
- Represented a private non-profit in connection with its joint development with Leggat McCall Properties of Waltham Woods Corporate Center in Waltham, Massachusetts, and its ground lease to Raytheon Company for the development of its world headquarters building.
Professional and Community Involvement
Awards and Recognition
- "America's Leading Business Lawyers," Chambers USA, 2015-2016
- Legal 500, 2014
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013-2018
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers, 2008-2015
- Massachusetts Super Lawyers - Rising Stars, 2005-2007