Advising clients on general corporate and capital markets matters are the focus of Ken Sicklick’s practice. His experience includes representing public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions, SEC compliance, private equity and corporate restructuring, as well as representing principals and financial advisors with all aspects of M&A transactions and compliance with SEC, NYSE and NASDAQ regulations. Ken also uses his expertise to advise clients on corporate governance matters and fiduciary duties.
In addition, Ken represents developers in joint ventures relating to multifamily, office, retail and investors, and other projects, he represents REITs in issuances of debt and equity securities, and he represents family offices, family members and other investors in real estate partnerships.
Ken is a Director in the firm’s Corporate group. Prior to joining Goulston & Storrs, he worked as an associate in a large international law firm in New York.
- Representation of Hearts on Fire in connection with its strategic relationships, including the sale of the company to China’s largest jewelry retailer.
- Representation of investors in multiple rounds of financing for FRX Polymers, Inc., a Massachusetts-based manufacturer of fire retardant plastics.
- Representation of various private equity funds in numerous investments, acquisitions and dispositions in a variety of industries including manufacturing, finance and technology.
- Representation of Dish Network Corp. in its $1.375 billion acquisition of TerreStar Networks, Inc.
- Representation of Hallmark in the recapitalization of Crown Media Holdings, Inc., including the restructuring of more than $1.1 billion owed to Hallmark by Crown.
Real Estate Capital Markets & Other Transactions
- Representation of Allianz Real Estate in a joint venture with a major owner and developer of retail properties in New York City.
- Representation of AXA in its joint venture acquisition of a 49% interest in an office building and in its joint venture as part of acquisition of a 630-unit multifamily community, among other matters.
- Represented Aurec Capital in its joint venture acquisition of an office building in Philadelphia.
- Representing CBL & Associates Properties, Inc. with respect to various matters including public securities offerings, SEC filings and general corporate advice.
- Representing the manager of a multigenerational real estate family business that owns office buildings in New York City in the ongoing management of partnerships.
- Representing an individual family member in a second generation real estate family business that owns properties throughout New York.
- Representing two individual family members in connection with their ownership of partnership interests in dozens of real estate partnerships that own properties in New York and throughout the U.S.
Professional and Community Involvement
Awards and Recognition
- New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014-2017