Lawrence Ferris is an Associate in the firm’s Real Estate Group. He advises clients on all stages of the land use approval process including due diligence, special exception and variance applications, planned unit developments, community outreach, and permitting. Lawrence has experience working on projects of all sizes, from large mixed-use developments to single-family homes, and has worked on matters through all phases of development, from initial concept to procuring entitlements and permitting, and related litigation.
Lawrence is a member of the District of Columbia Bar Association and the Urban Land Institute. He received his J.D. from the George Washington University Law School and his B.A. from the University of Tennessee, summa cum laude.
- Secured approval of a building code modification for a multi-family redevelopment in DC’s Ekington neighborhood.
- Secured variance and special exception approval for a mixed-use development in DC’s H Street NE corridor.
- Assisted in appellate litigation leading to a favorable settlement in dispute over demolition of a historic structure in DC’s Chinatown neighborhood.
- Assisted in federal court litigation leading to a favorable summary judgment ruling in a lawsuit concerning DC’s Inclusionary Zoning law.
- Represented a homeowner in securing a variance approval for extensive renovation of a Dupont Circle home.
Professional and Community Involvement
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Urban Land Institute
Awards and Recognition
- GW Law Pro Bono Recognition (2014)