Marshall Senterfitt, a Director at the firm, advises clients in litigating and resolving high-stakes trust and estate disputes, including: fiduciary duty claims; trust and will contests involving issues such as undue influence, lack of capacity, or fraud; and other probate and fiduciary litigation matters.
In his practice, Marshall serves private individuals, trusts and trustees, and a broad range of commercial enterprises and professional service providers. He represents the firm’s clients in state and federal court, administrative agency proceedings and in all forms of alternative dispute resolution.
As a leader of the firm’s Electronic Discovery Committee, he also routinely counsels clients and other lawyers on issues concerning the preservation, review, and production of electronically stored information.
Marshall is the President of the Greater Boston Fiduciary Law American Inn of Court, and a former Co-Chair of the Fiduciary Litigation Committee for the Boston Bar Association. He is a sought-out speaker on issues concerning probate and fiduciary litigation, as well as on issues concerning electronic discovery in fiduciary litigation and in complex business disputes. Marshall is recognized for his work in probate and fiduciary litigation, including by the National Law Journal, which named him as one of Boston's Rising Stars in 2015.
He also dedicates many hours every year to a wide range of pro bono matters on behalf of non-profit organizations and low-income individuals.
- Obtained multi-million dollar settlement for plaintiff in a will contest challenging the validity of a prior waiver and asserting claims of undue influence, breach of fiduciary duty, and lack of testamentary capacity.
- Won seven-figure arbitration award and attorneys fees for a client asserting breaches of fiduciary duties arising out of the transaction of real property between two closely held companies.
- Obtained a substantial settlement for plaintiffs challenging estate documents on the basis of undue influence, lack of capacity and breaches of fiduciary duty.
- Won a multi-million dollar arbitration award for the co-founder and president of a closely held corporation in a breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty case.
- Consults with and prepares expert witnesses in probate and fiduciary litigation, land use and real property matters, and complex business litigation.